Chicken Tic-Tac-Toe ?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Chicken Tic-Tac-Toe ?

Postby OneArmBandito » Sun May 21, 2017 10:12 am

Watching Flesh and Bone ('93) on the boobtube and near the beginning Dennis Quaid's character who has a coin op business is changing a chicken out of a coin op tic tac toe game. Is that a real thing, or just a movie prop ? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a real thing. In another scene, a guy is giving him a tip on two thousand 'lectro slots for sale ! Whoopee !
OneArmBandito

Re: Chicken Tic-Tac-Toe ?

Postby coinops » Sun May 21, 2017 2:22 pm

I definitely remember tic-tac-toe machine with a live chicken in an amusement arcade in Chinatown in New York City back in the 80's and 90's.
You can check out this New York Times article http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/11/nyregion/chinatown-fair-returns-but-without-chicken-playing-tick-tack-toe.html
coinops

Postby OneArmBandito » Sun May 21, 2017 3:48 pm

That's a funny article. Chickens definitely got more going on than people give credit, but Tic tac toe is a bit beyond their scope me thinks?
Best,
OneArmBandito

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun May 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Well, I'll give the Chicken this much credit. At least it is not 'Chicken-To-Play'. :lol:
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby briank » Sun May 21, 2017 4:37 pm

I actually played this tic tac toe vs a live chicken game on a vacation at Silver Dollar City in Missouri back in the 80's.
briank

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:22 pm

it still might be done here in Arizona. was a road side stop north of Scottsdale, fake old ghost town type attraction, gift shop, ect. And a live chicken playing tic tac toe. don't recall how much to "watch" the chicken. I went there early 1990's. wounder how many chickens you need to replace into the machine (box), each week due to the heat ,ect. ?
can't recall the name of the place right now.
jeff H.
might be Rawhide. they do high end car sales these days in the same general location, or maybe the same location.... been awhile up that way.
JHSS-1944

Postby Dave » Mon May 22, 2017 9:08 am

JHSS-1944 wrote:...

wounder how many chickens you need to replace into the machine (box), each week due to the heat ,ect. ?

Was there a KFC next door? :-D
Dave
Site Admin

Postby damikeguy » Mon May 22, 2017 3:57 pm

I think KFC just serves pigeons \:D/
Mike
damikeguy

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:20 am

Pigeons..... good eatin'.
no KFC near by , really in the middle of no where (at least back then). don't recall if they served "food" there or not (expired opponents ). Show me a chicken playing chess (hell , even checkers), then you got something...... Specially to much time on your hands.

pretend you are the Guy who came up with this idea.; "coin op. live chicken tic tac toe". o.k., how to you proceed from there ? And how do you talk others into buying this coin op. from you ??
JHSS-1944

Return to Just Chatting