Five Jacks Machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Five Jacks Machine

Postby dialsenden1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 am

I could use a 2nd option. Found this machine in a local shop and they didn't have a key for the back. They called the owner for more information but haven't heard back from him yet. I believe it may be a repo. Looks too new, wrong paint colors, I can see a couple of Phillips screws inside, etc. Has this machine been reproduced? Thanks in advance for the help.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
dialsenden1

Re: Five Jacks Machine

Postby clubconsoles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:20 pm

dialsenden1, these machines have been widely reproduced and the one pictured is 100% a reproduction.
Check out the pin holes in the castings and the wooden case that has been stained dark to "age" the wood.
Worth a couple of hundred $ if you like the look of it but all slot collectors would give this machine a wide berth.
clubconsoles

Postby dialsenden1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Clubconsoles,

Thank you very much. I thought it was a repo and just didn't want to make a mistake and buy a repo. I greatly appreciate your help.
dialsenden1

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 pm

The case does appear to be an original. As it too beat-up and cracked. I would be able to tell you more,
if I could see pics of the inside of case, and the mechanism. Regardless, I would stay far away from this,
as the castings are definitely some of the worst recasts I have ever seen. They aren't even that bad on
some of the complete repros I have seen. One giveaway, are the coins that are stuck behind the glass.
This only happens when the front casting and glass do not fit the case correctly.

Note: These Field "Five Jacks", have been reproduced in both penny & nickel play, by more than one person,
for several years. Also, the Fey style "3 Jacks" have been widely reproduced in both penny & nickel as well.
And they began after the complete repros in 10c play were being built by Royal Bell in Colorado, back in the
early 1980's.

All newbie collectors should be very cautious, when coming upon machines that have been reproduced, if
they are not familiar with them. Even many seasoned collectors have been snookered by this junk.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby dialsenden1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks Bill. I asked for them to call me about the key and send me a picture of the inside. Two days later no calls. Certainly going to pass on it. Thanks for the help.
dialsenden1

Return to Just Chatting