Columbia Pedestal height?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Columbia Pedestal height?

Postby bobdiane1981 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:32 am

I recently purchased Columbia Housings and Mechanism with the slide Escalator without Wood base or sides. I did not receive the Pedestal and will build a temporary one of wood but I need a dimension on its elevation? It looks to be 2 inches tall using a ratio of the base / Pedestal picture. I need the exact dimension so that I can replace the Temporary support when I obtain one.
Thanks for the help Bob
bobdiane1981

Re: Columbia Pedestal height?

Postby marsonion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:56 am

bobdiane1981 wrote:I recently purchased Columbia Housings and Mechanism with the slide Escalator without Wood base or sides. I did not receive the Pedestal and will build a temporary one of wood but I need a dimension on its elevation? It looks to be 2 inches tall using a ratio of the base / Pedestal picture. I need the exact dimension so that I can replace the Temporary support when I obtain one.
Thanks for the help Bob

I have a Columbia Chrome and I just measured the height in two places with a business card: precisely one and seven-eighths inches (1- 7/8").

I believe you have castings, etc. for a Chrome yourself, as I saw one parted-out and sold on eBay not long ago. I'll trade you picture-views on quad paper of my pedestal for equivalent 3-view images of your Chrome coin box. That's the part I'm missing on my machine; what you see in the picture is a cardboard mock-up of what I think its shape&dimensions ought to be, but I'd like to be sure. Also, somebody hacked down the rear length of the wood base on mine... not sure I'll ever bother with fixing that, but I think we'd both like to know the proper size of the base anyway.
Attachments
ChromeBackPed.JPG
marsonion

Postby bobdiane1981 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately I did not get a Coin Box. I did just by the Castings and Mechanism on eBay last week. It was highly polished aluminum - were they ever actually chrome plated/ I was planning to clear coat it with automotive paint.
Attachments
s-l1600 (1).jpg
bobdiane1981

Postby marsonion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm

bobdiane1981 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately I did not get a Coin Box. I did just by the Castings and Mechanism on eBay last week. It was highly polished aluminum - were they ever actually chrome plated/ I was planning to clear coat it with automotive paint.

Yes, your castings are much shinier than mine! No, I don't think these guys were ever actually chrome plated, it was just a name given to the model. Tip: when you paint the diagonal stripes in, you can get a perfect machine edge along the red and blue areas by dragging a single-edge razor blade along the raised aluminum ridges.

Sorry, I guess I confused your eBay purchase with the Chrome currently listed-- that one has a coin box, but it's missing a back door! I sell replacement/replicas of those back doors:

coinopcollectorforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2590
Attachments
ClubChromeBell.jpg
marsonion

Return to Just Chatting