IGT Dice Machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

IGT Dice Machine

Postby tsparts4u » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:46 am

I'm looking for anyone that might be able to help to getting this IGT dice machine working again.
It is a credit machine. It looks like it might have had a hopper payout as an option. If there is anyone out there that has a like machine, would it be possible to have the game proms copied? Any information on a replacement working board for this machine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Jerry
Attachments
IGT DICE GAME TAG.JPG
IGT DICE MACHINE.jpg
tsparts4u

Re: IGT Dice Machine

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:51 pm

I have one but it is not a credit machine.

Why do you think your proms are bad? Proms are pretty durable.

Do you get any error codes when you turn it on?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby tsparts4u » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
My machine has been down for a number of years. I just dug it out now, to try to give you some information as to what is happening with it.
First of all, the battery is low from standing. I hooked up a temporary power supply to it (4.5V). I checked all 4 fuses.....they are good. When the machine is turned on....it lights up. Only the number rolled in the display lights up, but it is showing the number 8. The dice that are in the window total 6. There are no digits lit in the credit window. The machine does not chirp when it is turned on. Dropping in a coin does nothing. The fan runs. Tripping the micro switch manually on the side, will flip the dice and the rake will function. The odds are lit up as though 3 coins have been played. That is about all that it does.
When it was last working, it acted kind of erratic.If I remember correctly, it was putting up incorrect amounts of credits on wins at times. Or, maybe it would deduct incorrect amounts of credits when the button was pressed. I can't remember for sure though.
Any idea or suggestions as to what the problem could be???
tsparts4u

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 pm

With the machine unplugged try removing the connector on the top left of the month board. It should be like a 12 pin connector. Take your fingers and rub any grime off the pins. Then plug and unplug it about 4 or 5 times. If the connectors are dirty it could cause the machine to act erratic.

Also, if there is a connector on the fan try running the machine with the fan disconnected.

If that doesn't work, make sure the area where the dice is read is clean. Any crud in that area could cause the machine to not read the dice properly.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby tsparts4u » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi Dave,
Thanks again, for your input regarding my dice machine.
I disconnected the 12 pin connector several times as you suggested and sprayed it with contact cleaner as well, but had no luck. Also tried disconnecting the fan, same result. I cleaned the area around the dice reading area also. I pressed the upper button on the side of the slide out unit a number of times and heard a very faint chirping sound, still has the number 8 on the dice read out, but other than that, it looks like another expensive boat anchor.
tsparts4u

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Bummer, the next thing I would do is start replacing the caps on the motherboard. There are not that many and caps are usually the first thing to go on a board.
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Just Chatting