Ace / Mills High Top with Hop Escalator

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Ace / Mills High Top with Hop Escalator

Postby markymarkuk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:53 am

Just picked up an ACE Hi Top machine that I have no history on. Cannot find details about the strange Escalator that is identical to regular Mills escalators in size, front/rear plates, holes in same positions and same fittings, however, this one has the coins leaping across. Looks absolutely fantastic to see the row of coins all jumping over the pins! I always believed it was made by ACE Manufacturing but cannot find details.
The bottom casting I think was by ACE as it has the small peak along the bottom edge of the jackpot (look closely at attached photo). Inside, when the Jackpot is removed cast into the lower casting are the words "Do Not Use MILLS Steel Glass Spacer". So I'm guessing an original ACE lower part.
Some pictures attached for reference, the serial number appears on the cabinet label, the label on the mech base and the wooden base plinth below back door. MD000287 Serial.

If anyone here could give a bit more history about these, especially the escalator, that would be great.

6Ace_coinOp.jpg

7Ace_coinOp.jpg

4Ace_coinOp.jpg

5Ace_coinOp.jpg

3Ace_coinOp.jpg

1Ace_coinOp.jpg

2Ace_coinOp.jpg
markymarkuk

Re: Ace / Mills High Top with Hop Escalator

Postby Aristomatic » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:11 am

Hi Mark

Here's a thread from a while back...serial numbers are 287 on yours and 307 on one below...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3199&hilit=Ace+hitop&start=10
Aristomatic

Return to Just Chatting