Help on far priced roll a top

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Help on far priced roll a top

Postby Boston Bruins » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:37 pm

24108.jpeg
Im heading to Ohio on Monday to see 2 walting
Roll a tops one is a 5 cent all o/e works fine other is a 25 cent same way not restored has all o/e parts.
Looking to see what people think a far price for the 2 slots should be. Please give me some numbers you thing would be a far price. Thanks Greg new member
Attachments
23978.jpeg
Boston Bruins

Re: Help on far priced roll a top

Postby oldslotman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am

The 5 cent one appears to have some damage to the jackpot area. Jackpot glass has been replaced and it appears as though the machine has been repainted. You didn't give any info an the doors and locks and keys and cash boxes. All those things figure in to price of the machine. More pictures would be needed to give a fair pricing figure. What are they asking for the machines?
oldslotman

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:34 pm

You might want to go to www.AntiqueSlotMachinePriceGuide.com (shameless plug) to see what Rol-A-Tops in similar condition have recently sold for.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Boston Bruins » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:40 pm

Oldslotman
Thanks for the reply, the people im dealing with are older and hard to talk to. I do know that the lock on the 5 cent machine is missing but they are telling me they were never painted or refinished. Looking at 3250 on nickel machine and 3650 on quarter. Im trying to figure out how to use the other part of the forum to get the prices . Ill keep trying any ideas of price will help me figure out if im in the ballpark.
Attachments
24108.jpeg
23978.jpeg
23978.jpeg
24109.jpeg
23979.jpeg
23977.jpeg
23973.jpeg
Boston Bruins

Postby oldslotman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:34 pm

I have to correct myself. It looks like the damage is on the 25 cent machine. The different colors of the yellows could be due to the light and years of manufacture. The machine with the smooth wood sides is a later model that was most likely made toward the end of the watling line. Price wise I think they are a little high. The 5 cent one appears to be the better of the two. Once again not able to see the mechs. The damage on the 25 cent one does impact the price.
oldslotman

Postby Boston Bruins » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:06 pm

I greatly appreciate your time, so you think 6900 on both is a bit high. Maybe i should wait til a nice one comes up here on this site,the other thing is its only 4 hours away and i can touch and play them before i settle on a price ,maybe they will come down a bit if i pick out some flaws.
Boston Bruins

Postby oldslotman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:32 pm

That helps a lot if you can see and play. There is no blue book for slots only past sales to use as a guideline. Pay what’s comfortable for you. Don’t be hesitant to negotiate. That’s part of the chase
oldslotman

Return to Just Chatting