Are penny slots less valuable than other denominations?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Are penny slots less valuable than other denominations?

Postby MONTI » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 pm

I apologize for using your original photo but I have snagged photos here and there to email to customers when they complain about short pays!
As for quarters, nickles seem to be the worst especially with the newer nickles having those dang ridges on the edges if somebody buys a roll from the bank and they are straight from the mint!
I have never checked quarters or dimes!
Again sorry for grabbing your photo but I really liked the graph paper behind the coins, Great Photo!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby marsonion » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 pm

MONTI wrote:I apologize for using your original photo but I have snagged photos here and there to email to customers when they complain about short pays!
As for quarters, nickles seem to be the worst especially with the newer nickles having those dang ridges on the edges if somebody buys a roll from the bank and they are straight from the mint!
I have never checked quarters or dimes!
Again sorry for grabbing your photo but I really liked the graph paper behind the coins, Great Photo!
MONTI

Absolutely no need for apologies, Monti! I'm flattered you're putting the image to good use! 8)
Still would like to complete the survey with similar comparisons to silver quarters & dimes... I have machines that short those denominations in weird ways, too. :?
marsonion

Postby flipper77 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:36 am

Apologize that we are off on a different topic but the coin thickness discussion is of interest. Here is a comparison of new state quarters versus worn silver washingtons. Well over a full coin difference on a twenty coin stack. Would be even a greater difference if very well worn standing liberties or barbers. Next, I compared new nickels to worn buffalos. I see a two coin difference on a twenty coin stack. And last here is a twenty coin height comparison of penny through dollar. Consider the ramifications on your payout slides stack and posts when you are tempted to convert a dime to penny. Or a nickel to a quarter. Or any to a half dollar. Flip.
Attachments
DSC08867.JPG
DSC08849.JPG
DSC08848.JPG
flipper77

Postby MONTI » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:27 am

Thanks Flipper!
Great information here and with your permission I will file these away as well!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

Postby flipper77 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 am

You are welcome to use the pictures. Sorry that my coin stacks aren't as neat as Marsonion's! Flip.
flipper77

Postby MONTI » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:07 pm

flipper77 wrote:You are welcome to use the pictures. Sorry that my coin stacks aren't as neat as Marsonion's! Flip.

The quarter stack looks good! LOL
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

Postby Rick B » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:48 pm

The old coins may be thinner today but were originally thicker and new stuff works fine in all of my machines. If you are filling it with older worn coins I can see a problem. Rick B
Rick B

Previous

Return to Just Chatting