Watling rolatop

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Watling rolatop

Postby dialsenden1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:13 pm

I could be wrong but this Watling looks like it has a picture where the coin escalator should be. No pictures of the inside. Watch out!
Attachments
image.png
dialsenden1

Re: Watling rolatop

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 pm

I think the escalator is real.

However, it looks like the jackpot mechanism is completely gone, the reel strips are wrong, the award card is wrong and the paint job is hideous.

About as far from mint as possible.

I sent the lister the above information and no response whatsoever.

Since no photos of the sides or back or mechanism I would totally avoid this thing.

I wouldn't pay $500 for it let alone what the idiot is asking.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 pm

I got a PM from another collector asking me to take a closer look at the escalator.

I did and after closer examination I think the original poster is correct. It does look like the escalator is a photograph.

Total bullshit machine, not worth anything in my opinion.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby jmisatu » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 am

I see it is only about 60 miles from me. I will try to contact the seller and see if I can look at it in person. Will update when and if that happens. It does look pretty suspicious to me too. Interested to at least try this. I think I have a pretty good eye for detail.
jmisatu

Postby jmisatu » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:30 pm

What a joke looking at this machine was which is exactly what I was expecting. Entered a fairly decent looking brick home but inside appeared to be a hoarders paradise. They had the RAT
(rol-a-top) sitting on probably the same coffee table on which the ebay pics were taken. There it sat in all of its almost completely yellow painted glory. The escalator is a picture of an escalator and not a very good one at that. Brush painted everything and brush strokes showing everywhere too. Flat repo back door, wooden open top box for the cash box, repo cabinet, not sure what brand of mech was inside but it did accept the owner's quarters smoothly. The only original RAT parts I could say were probable was the top casting in back and maybe the front castings. Hard to tell on the front due to all the paint and worn out details on lots of the coin images on the casting. I told the seller about all the non original items I observed and they asked me what it was worth. I said they might be lucky to get $1000.00 and I was only looking for an original. Then the lady asked me if I would pay $2000.00 so that is a big drop from the $5500.00 this is listed for. I wished them good luck and thanks for letting me look at it. Just increased my knowledge of what crap is out there. Thanks to "watlingboy" for all his help so far also.
jmisatu

Postby Aristomatic » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:21 pm

The mech was likely an aussie jubilee with the red painted reel tins on
aussie 10c or English shilling
Aristomatic

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 pm

Royal Bell made a lot of fake RATs. They had a different photo in the escalator area though.

I would not be surprised if this is one of those fakes and someone put in a different photo. If this is one of those then the castings are reproduction as well and there is not a single item on the machine from an original Rol-A-Top.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby oldslotman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:01 am

Sold. best offer between 2500/4600
oldslotman

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Someone got totally screwed.

Guess it is their own fault for not doing their own due diligence.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby atac » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:54 pm

I did a couple sold searches and looks like between $3300-$3500
atac

Next

Return to Just Chatting