Board is closed to new members until further notice

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Board is closed to new members until further notice

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:58 am

Russians are trying like crazy to get in. Had about 100 of them register yesterday. Fortunately, even though they register they are being blocked from spamming the board because I put the board in a mode where I have to approve every post from a new member before it is allowed. I then go in and delete the member. This is a big PIA for me.

I have since closed the board to new registrations. I will reopen it once they go away. Until then, you need to know a secret number in order to register. If you know someone who wants to join send me an email and I will give you the secret number.

Sorry I have to do this but this is getting ridiculous. You would think they would be too busy screwing up our elections to spend time with this nonsense.
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Board is closed to new members until further notice

Postby WS65711 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:56 pm

It's truly sad that operators of legitimate websites like this one have to go through this kind of nonsense.
Maybe you could try something like Captcha... http://www.captcha.net/
or try to devise your own slot related picture test that only a real human could decipher.
Maybe like pictures of three machines with one shown in a "win" state, then question "how much will the winning machine will pay?
And who manufactured that machine?

Guess wrong and you have to wait a week to try again! [-X :lol:
WS65711

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:00 pm

I tried using a couple versions of captcha.

Russian bots have figured out how to read the captcha. Perhaps there are more advanced captchas out there which I may look into when I find some time.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:04 pm

WS65711 wrote:It's truly sad that operators of legitimate websites like this one have to go through this kind of nonsense.
Maybe you could try something like Captcha... http://www.captcha.net/
or try to devise your own slot related picture test that only a real human could decipher.
Maybe like pictures of three machines with one shown in a "win" state, then question "how much will the winning machine will pay?
And who manufactured that machine?

Guess wrong and you have to wait a week to try again! [-X :lol:

What I used for years was asking a question to name some popular slot machine makers. That worked for a long long time. However, some Russian found the answer and then put the answer out on the dark web. That is when all the bullshit began a couple of days ago.

I then changed the question and they did the same thing.

I now have a question where only I know the answer and will provide the answer to legitimate people. If the answer gets hacked I will simply change it. So far, this has kept the bastards out. Not a single registration since I implemented it this morning.

FYI, another board that I run also got spammed at exactly the same time this one did.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby BALTMANHD103 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Its a shame there are people out there like that. Appreciate your hard work. I'm new to working on slots and have gotten some good info here.
BALTMANHD103

Postby mechanic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 pm

YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB DAVE KEEP IT UP WE ALL SUPPORT YOU !!!!!!
mechanic

Return to Just Chatting