QT's on ebay

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

QT's on ebay

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:44 am

Hi-
There are two QT's currently running on ebay (10-cent Sweetheart #303274570228 and 25-cent Chevron #3527790777460) and looking at the coin entries piqued my curiosity. Both have weld/solder marks around the brass coin entry ring that look a bit crude for a factory issue. Could someone post an internal coin entry picture of a 100% factory original 25-cent QT (any model but usually see them in Hash Mark or Sweetheart) so that I can distinguish a factory machine from an operator revamp? I assume the 10-cent should look like my factory original pictured here. Thanks!
Attachments
MVC-009S.JPG
rtmccurdy

Re: QT's on ebay

Postby MONTI » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:58 am

here is a high resolution photo of the QT coin entry courtesy of the European website shown in the lower right hand corner of the photo!
GREAT SITE however you will have to use your web browser translator to convert to English as it is in French!
CIAO
MONTI

phoca_thumb_l_39_mills_qt_chevron.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks Monti. I will check it out. Is it safe to assume then that a makeshift soldered coin entry (as in the eBay QT's) was most likely an operator modification and not as issued by Mills?
rtmccurdy

Postby MONTI » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:47 pm

rtmccurdy wrote:Thanks Monti. I will check it out. Is it safe to assume then that a makeshift soldered coin entry (as in the eBay QT's) was most likely an operator modification and not as issued by Mills?

More likely a recent owner of the slot machine doing a "REPAIR??" :roll: as operators of the day had access to parts if parts needed replacing!
At any rate, they would not have left the factory that way, as I believe they were all quality controlled on leaving the factory and signed off or initialed by the inspector on the original tag placed inside the cabinet with the serial number, manufacture date and model!
MONTI
Last edited by MONTI on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Should have checked eBay for quarter QT's as there is a nice all original Hashmark listed in peddlerbees' auctions. Obviously answers my first inquiry.
rtmccurdy

Return to Just Chatting