Has anyone received their COCA calendar yet this year?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Has anyone received their COCA calendar yet this year?

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:37 am

I have not and it is already February.

Just wondering if mine got lost in the mail.

Thanks

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Gumgod » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:19 pm

Jack Freund here. I was in charge of the COCA calendar for the last three years. I begged and pleaded with the MEMBERS OF COCA to send in photos of their items. In that period of time I received enough pictures for one calendar, the 2004 calendar!! In every issue of the COCA magazine I asked for photos. Since the 2004 calendar, I have received photos from about 6 or 7 members. Since the calendar is dependent on participation from the members, it is apparent that they don't have any interest in a calendar. I'm sure I could have called up some of the members and pressured them into sending photos but we did that for the 2004 calendar. I had some extra photos from those that were not used but if I used them we would have received criticism that "the same people" got in the calendar again. The success of COCA and the COCA magazine are dependent on the members contributing. If you sit back and depend on others to do everything, soon there will be nothing. If you would like to see a calendar next year, send your photos to Paul Hindin. I have withdrawn from the calendar committee.
Gumgod

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:22 pm

Jack:

Sorry to hear that there won't be a COCA calendar this year :(.

What are the requirements for the photos? Can they be digital? If so, any particular resolution? Do they need to be shot in a special way (i.e., white sheet for a background)?

If you don't want to deal with these questions then let me know and I will contact Paul. I don't know if he is a member of this discussion group or not.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Just Chatting