beat up British Jennings Chief

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

beat up British Jennings Chief

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:55 am

Hello;
I talked to the owner of this slot machine , got a decent reply back. unfortunately he is just a flipper & knows nothing about it, & of course..... actually screwed it up a bit ,before selling. Plus it's a 1960's vintage by the looks of it (not 1920's).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-JENNINGS- ... 3641.l6368

$1,100.00 firm lowest he'll take. Will NOT ship at all. few parts missing , some parts replaced, & currently has a coin jam. plays using a British 6d coin, someone used nickles (thicker coins) = hence the jam up (?).
he destroyed the bonnet to "pop" open the back door to remove the lock (see the photo). he has no interest in changing any of the information in the ad , hopes someone buys it not knowing it's a British coin playing machine.
I'm not sure it's worth the $1,100.00 myself, plus I don't live in Texas to pick it up.
any how , if your interested.....
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Re: beat up British Jennings Chief

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:12 pm

JHSS-1944 wrote:Hello;
I talked to the owner of this slot machine , got a decent reply back. unfortunately he is just a flipper & knows nothing about it, & of course..... actually screwed it up a bit ,before selling. Plus it's a 1960's vintage by the looks of it (not 1920's).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-JENNINGS- ... 3641.l6368

$1,100.00 firm lowest he'll take. Will NOT ship at all. few parts missing , some parts replaced, & currently has a coin jam. plays using a British 6d coin, someone used nickles (thicker coins) = hence the jam up (?).
he destroyed the bonnet to "pop" open the back door to remove the lock (see the photo). he has no interest in changing any of the information in the ad , hopes someone buys it not knowing it's a British coin playing machine.
I'm not sure it's worth the $1,100.00 myself, plus I don't live in Texas to pick it up.
any how , if your interested.....
jeff H.

You're right Jeff. It is an English Export 6pence model. It must have a larger-than-normal coin entry, because you usually
can not put a nickel in there. Only a penny or dime. So, for sure, that's why it is jammed-up inside. What a slick move,
busting up the bonnet. Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:15 am

Being honest, I was interested in it myself, hence contacting him. Always wanted a "sun chief" Jennings & thought it might be a good project. But no shipping , plus the price (to me ) a bit high. Plus trying to find a large grouping of the 6d coins is not easy (or cheap).
that poor bonnet didn't have to die....
Eventually , I'll find one locally to buy.
jeff H.
" how about if every one offers him $600.00 for it But , he has to ship it". get this flipper so bent out of shape ,that he never looks at another slot machine again !
just joking.....
JHSS-1944

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:09 am

I dropped this clown a note as well. Giving him some info for his description, so as not to defraud any bidders.
He writes back and says "Thanks for the info, but I have been offered more". Offered more what? Why wouldn't
the person just do the BIN at $1,650? I wrote back and says "Been offered more, but it's still for sale. OK".
He probably got the thing for next-to-nothing, being as the nice Lady was letting him pick through her things.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:26 am

Funny ,it has dropped in price a little every day & he finally omitted the 1920 date but ,put up 1950's.
his response... " won't take less than $1,100.00 for it . if it doesn't sell at that ... I'll uh , uh , uh I'll just keep it. o.k. Your a flipper , your not keeping it.
" you found it in the trash & you want a million for it.....".
just $$$ signs to him. plus ? gold paint = ??? All I see if worn away & flaking chrome.
See the rest of his junk for sale ?? it's all over priced also. if under $10.00 ,he'll ship, anything over "cash & carry".
oh well. another machine that wont be restored but,will be bought by someone just to tear it apart & resell the parts piece by piece on e-bay. RIP.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:31 am

and he forgot to post that it's illegal to bid / buy in "these states"....... sounds like grounds to have the listing removed !!
JHSS-1944

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:46 pm

Check out the auction this weekend (http://www.MorphyAuctions.com).

Several Sun Chiefs along with a couple of thousand (literally) other machines.

People think that common three reelers might go cheap.

Of course, it would be good to have someone look at the machine first but that is no longer possible.

Good luck and buyer beware.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:40 am

Well it's gone now... hard to believe it sold (at that price).
Since I live i Arizona , just a drive to Vegas but, most auctions you still need deep pockets. need to go to the next one just to do it. A nice vacation from here.
hope you guys have a blast up there !
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:49 am

It is going to be a long couple of days.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:07 am

Dave wrote:Check out the auction this weekend (http://www.Morphy.com).

Several Sun Chiefs along with a couple of thousand (literally) other machines.

People think that common three reelers might go cheap.

Of course, it would be good to have someone look at the machine first but that is no longer possible.

Good luck and buyer beware.

Hi Dave:
People are not going to find the auction with the above link. It takes you to Morphy Digital Group.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Next

Return to E-Bay