bad G.N. slot machine.

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

bad G.N. slot machine.

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:18 am

Anyone think this was an original Golden Nugget machine ? if so , then the trim removed ?
jeff H.http://www.ebay.com/itm/252974664653?ul_noapp=true
JHSS-1944

Re: bad G.N. slot machine.

Postby sam2002 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:10 pm

I would hazard a guess and say it is a GN missing the trim as you point out . Finding the trim ? It must be out there somewhere
sam2002

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:43 am

it has some aspects that seem good & a few not so good. hence me asking.
"little grumpy on the shipping comments ...."
JHSS-1944

Postby rtmccurdy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:27 am

If my memory serves me right I believe ebay slot machine seller papahog might have listed (no idea if sold---many many months ago) a set of high top Golden Nugget trim. Might be worth emailing him.
rtmccurdy

Postby drishoff » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Did that model have trim? Is the top and bottom casting possibly a marriage? The bottom casting sure doesn't fit the wood base.
drishoff

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:32 am

All of these conversions had the extra trim on the sides & front. that includes the few Jennings conversions.
JHSS-1944

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 am

The machine in question, is definitely an original "Golden Nugget", but has some issues. Case is correct, with the Formica side laminates.
The upper name-plate and award bib, are etched originals, and not silk-screened like the repros are. Appears that the castings may have
been repainted long ago, as maroon was not a common color on the HighTop models. The lower casting is also not the one used on this
model. The wrap-around chrome coin tray trim is missing, and an original, near impossible to find, and I know of no one that has ever
reproduced this trim for any of the models. You would have to make a new pattern, and not recast from an original, as the shrinkage
would not allow a casting of this size to ever fit correctly. Plus, all the trims are different, with the HighTop, HalfTop, and Extra-Bell
versions. Not to mention the Jennings models. In regards to PapaHog, he was selling the Doll and Nugget recasts for the HalfTop models.
I have never seen him selling the large coin tray trim. I will call him, and ask if he does know anyone that has ever done them.
As for the mechanism in this machine, it could have also been swapped, as I do not see any serial stampings, or tags on the crossbar, that
were put on all models, although it does show a stamped red number, and does appear to have original reel strips. Even though the price
is not way-out-of-line, I would still stay away from this machine, because of the issues, and any other "Ifs" there may be. As we all know,
a few pictures Do Not show all the flaws. #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am

thank you Slot Dynasty, for the extra information. so a 50/ 50 machine. to bad. he told me what you see is how I got it (no trim sitting around).
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby danforth » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:13 am

I bought the machine and am looking for the chrome trim for the money bowl and the 2 side pieces. Seller had it in his retail store for sale as well as online. It is absolutely a real GN and outside of the back bonnet the only thing not correct are the 3 pieces of missing chromed trim. I have an original half top and may end up recasting these parts. Would be a lot better to find them, I'm patient. Already checked with Papa Hog, he has none. I have parts to trade: Mills Blue Bell and Jewel Bell back bonnets with original paint. Rol A Top 50 Cent rear bonnet with original paint. Plus lots of Mills and Jennings common parts. Maybe somebody out there has a set ? Thanks!
danforth

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:44 am

Welcome to the forum !!! if that seller & me lived closer , I would have drove over to look it over for sure. But , re read the other postings regarding other "issues" with it. look over photos of the original ones also. nice to hear it's in safe hands.
keep us in formed on it's restoration.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to E-Bay