Is this an original machine ??

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Is this an original machine ??

Postby sam2002 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Midwest puritan bell
Item # 292103156489
sam2002

Re: Is this an original machine ??

Postby sam2002 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Hmmm ?? Must be !!! Guess I'll buy it!!
sam2002

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:17 am

sam2002 wrote:Hmmm ?? Must be !!! Guess I'll buy it!!

Sam:
Don't jump into this machine too soon, til you realize the issues it has. Price is also a bit on the high side.
First off, the machine is an original, and has a fairly decent restoration. It may, or may not be a Midwest, which
is not a big deal. There is no name in the circle of the top casting, which is usually a sign of being a Midwest Mfg.,
but not always, as this exact model was copied by several Mfrs., of which most had their name cast into the top
circle. These models did come with or without the large front jackpot. Only problem here, is this particular JP
casting has been reproduced, and may not be an original. The originals that came with this JP, ordinarily had the
award card in a frame, that was attached, (standing up), to the upper rear of either the top casting, and sometimes
the top of the back door, which are usually not found this way, because of easy breakage. The award card & frame
that is shown, appears to be a repro. The card is, as it is too new, and missing some lettering at the bottom. The
back door on these machines, were most always cast aluminum, with very few found with a thick heavy steel door.
This one has a home-made thin sheet door. The reel strips are repros of decent quality, but colors are not exact.
The lemons are light brown, not yellow, and the Fortune Bar lettering is not like the original. These were not repro'd
from originals, but are partially artists renderings. The handle has also been replaced, with a recast from a Buckley
model. It is not like the one found on all "Puritan Baby Bell" models.
Hopefully I have caught you in time.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby sam2002 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Bill thanks for the informative description . This guy seems to take things a we bit over the top on his so called restorations.
I will avoid this one .
sam2002

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 pm

sam2002 wrote:Bill thanks for the informative description . This guy seems to take things a we bit over the top on his so called restorations.
I will avoid this one .

Sam:
I am familiar with this seller, as they have been in the hobby a very long time, and generally have a lot
of good quality mdse. There are several machines in their shop, that I am sure are consignments, and are
waaay over-restored, with added features that don't belong. From time-to-time, I also see them selling
some of the Vegas Butcher's machines. Not sure if they were bought, or are consignments as well.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to E-Bay