Rare Jennings Triplex Long Shot Club Console Slot Listed

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Rare Jennings Triplex Long Shot Club Console Slot Listed

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Maybe but still. This a dream machine for many. I believe for both collectors and dealers
Imyourcaptain

Postby randyvw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 am

he sent me a pic of the original glass, and if it had been mine, i would put it back in there. it only had one crack in it. i figgered sam would be right about the price, but i did have hope that some others would be right and i could get it. MY bid was way under the money. oh well, there's always another one comes along.
randyvw

Postby Swami » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:42 am

I made a strong run at it and still finished 2nd. I had thought about bidding higher, but in the end, I don't think it would have made a difference. I suspect the winning bidder had decided to Win no matter what.

It's a Great Machine and I'm sure the new owner will be Very Happy.....Congratulations to the New Owner.
Swami

Postby MONTI » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 am

In retrospect if I had noticed the removal of the coin tube and slides and their replacement by what I can only assume was a "coin slicer" like some of the early Bally consoles which would eliminate the coin tubes problem of running dry if only quarters or dimes would be played which was a problem of the earlier model as the addition of a coin slicer with a larger coin holding bin/container probably corrects that original issue, I would have probably estimated a higher winning bid!
Sure would have been interesting to see the coin payout system used in this machine!
I don't recall it being shown in any of the original photos!
Possibly the buyer is a member of the forum and more pictures will be forthcoming or possibly the seller has pictures of the type of unit that made the payouts!
Any thoughts on this?
MONTI

slicer.jpg

Posting a second picture below that I cropped from the original photo which was darker and I tried to brighten it a bit showing the whole back of the slot machine console!
This picture does show the payout unit a little better but as it paid out in both nickles and quarters it would sure be interesting to see how this was accomplished!
Again, any thoughts on this out there?
MONTI

Coin Payout Unit.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby randyvw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 am

that makes it LESS desireable to me, but to each his own. i actually like the machines with "problems", which add to the story that we pass around about them. it makes them more interesting to own....and i am not really into anything with electric payouts, as it's just one more thing to "go wrong"......just my two sense.......thank you monti for all you do for U.S. here on coinop collector forum! you're a TREASURE!
randyvw

Postby MONTI » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 am

randyvw wrote:that makes it LESS desireable to me, but to each his own. i actually like the machines with "problems", which add to the story that we pass around about them. it makes them more interesting to own....and i am not really into anything with electric payouts, as it's just one more thing to "go wrong"......just my two sense.......thank you monti for all you do for U.S. here on coinop collector forum! you're a TREASURE!

Well actually I somewhat miss spoke as the coin tube is located as part of the cabinet and it leads to the coin payout unit, which even though it uses electric power to pay out, it is a rather simple electronic setup compared to the later Bally slot machines which became a little more involved!
The coin slicer type unit is pretty straight forward, hard wired using solenoids, Etc. Kind of like the early pinball machine technology!
I too, like the older mechanical slot machines but as I also work on the later E/M slots and also the Si Red units, SIRCOMA gaming devices which then was bought out by IGT Internal Gaming Technology I can appreciate them as well!
Undoubtedly the different style payout unit on the slot machine we are discussing did add to the desire of the purchaser to have it because in some ways it was ahead of its time and somewhat unusual for its time as well!
And thanks for the compliment Randy but unfortunately I don't spend too much time on the forum as I am usually in my shop getting slot machine grease on my fingers! LOL
Dang, I love the smell of slot machine grease on my fingers, gets under your finger nails and you can't get rid of it! LOL
Buonasera!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Previous

Return to E-Bay