Tab Gun experiment {Pics} Trick I did

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Tab Gun experiment {Pics} Trick I did

Postby Rick B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:36 am

I have owned a Select-O-Vend machine for years with 5 pieces of gum in it. I finally started to try and figure out how to fill it for looks if not real. I started collecting original wrappers and will be making up fakes. I wanted to show a trick I did with one of the original Beemans that were all stained badly. I carefully used Wood Bleach and a tiny brush to pull the stains out and it worked fairly well. This picture was while it was still drying and it looks even better now. Will be making copies of all the Tab gums and chocolates I can find and wood inserts for fakes. Just haven't figured exactly what I plan yet as far as individuals or long fake blocks to look like individuals. Rick B

Rick B

Re: Tab Gun experiment {Pics} Trick I did

Postby Rick B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:40 am

Sad that I bought high end paper and it washes out the color. Regular old copy paper is the best but not a thick paper. More tinkering to do. Rick B

Rick B

Postby Rick B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:29 pm

With a little helpful hints from Standardchief I put a better color set up together. In this pic office light was bad but I also took a picture and made a Suchard Bitfraa chocolate wrapper since my machine shows them. Rick B

Rick B

Postby Richard13 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Wow you got you some talents! Beautiful work.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby Rick B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:01 am

Cut a few of the larger gum squares and test fit two. In case no one knew there are two sizes as you can also see by the wrappers. I have a few originals that alerted me to this early on. This is 35 and I need 50 per slot times 8. Naturally I will not fill them all up so it looks more realistic. I am slowly working at this as I have a day job and a business at home besides at the moment taking care of my wife that had Cancer surgery. I will keep an update as I go. By the way my machine does not show the edges or I would paint them all silver and then wrap them. Still may try that down the road. Rick B

Rick B

Postby Rick B » Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 am

Rick B

Postby Richard13 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 am

I say it again spectacular job! Beautiful machine excellent graphics. Very talented.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby Rick B » Tue May 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Stop in at my buddy's candy store and found these. They fit perfectly and need to see if they make others. He was out running around and in town so I am going to try and talk with him and see if he knows of any others like this. He owns one of the largest candy stores in the USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG6Q1cdTAIo . one in Cleveland and the other in Arizona. B.A. Sweeties. He was the first to start making old time candies and sell them through the mail back in the 80's. I am figuring for now I can put the old labels over the boxes and let people get gum out of the machine. Rick B

Rick B

Return to Pictures