KEENEY SKY RAIDER

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

KEENEY SKY RAIDER

Postby oldpinguy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for someone with a working 1940s Keeney Sky Raider antiaircraft gun game. Finally got to restoring mine and just about finished with the cabinet and trim. Looks like all the mechanical and electrical parts are intact. A few wires dangling loose and I'm anticipating needing some help to figure out what goes where. Obviously I have no schematic.

Can anybody help in the next few weeks ? I'd sure appreciate it.

PS the current listing on eBay for a Sky Raider parts machine is not a Sky Raider.

Thanks,
Stan
oldpinguy

KEENEY "AIR" Raider - Not "Sky" Raider

Postby oldpinguy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:24 pm

Sorry,

I obviously meant "Air" Raider not "Sky" Raider.

Stan
oldpinguy

Postby oldpinguy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi,
Just thought I'd let everyone know I finished this project (almost) with help from Larry Bieza and his pictures on Marvelous Marvin's site. I had to rebuild the wiper scoring mechanism, and learned a few things about very small (i.e. 2-56 taps and dies) along the way. The machine is actually a Keeney Anti-Aircraft. It is the earliest version, that randomly projects the plane across a wall or screen 19ft away, along with the shots taken and hits scored. Its really neat when you pull trigger and the front of that machine gun lights up red and the relay Rat-a-tat-tats inside the cabinet. Score a hit an the big bell rings and a red slide pops in front of the projector to turn the "aeroplane" red. It still gives too many shots before shutting off the scoring, but I'll figure that out too.

Took me 20 years to get to it, but I'm really glad I finally got it going

I'm forwarding a couple photos to Dave to add to this post.
oldpinguy

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:41 pm

Here are some photos Stan sent me.

Before Restoration
After Restoration
Dave
Site Admin

Keeney Sky Raider

Postby chris fuerst » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:02 am

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. What years were they produced? Do you have closups of the gun? That is something....
chris fuerst

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:16 am

oldpinguy wrote:Hi,
Just thought I'd let everyone know I finished this project (almost) with help from Larry Bieza and his pictures on Marvelous Marvin's site. I had to rebuild the wiper scoring mechanism, and learned a few things about very small (i.e. 2-56 taps and dies) along the way. The machine is actually a Keeney Anti-Aircraft. It is the earliest version, that randomly projects the plane across a wall or screen 19ft away, along with the shots taken and hits scored. Its really neat when you pull trigger and the front of that machine gun lights up red and the relay Rat-a-tat-tats inside the cabinet. Score a hit an the big bell rings and a red slide pops in front of the projector to turn the "aeroplane" red. It still gives too many shots before shutting off the scoring, but I'll figure that out too.

Took me 20 years to get to it, but I'm really glad I finally got it going

I'm forwarding a couple photos to Dave to add to this post.

I just want to congratulate you on having such a cool game. Hope you have a big room to put it in :D.

When you have it up & running why not shows us some photos of the planes being projected on the wall? If you have a digital camera that supports video clips (most do these days) take some videos so we can see and hear this thing in action.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby kmorris8 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:24 am

Looks great Stan. 20 years! Nice to know I've got some breathing room on some of my projects that have languished for only 4-5 years!

Keith

www.coinopamericana.com
kmorris8

Return to Just Chatting