Field Baby Jacks

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Field Baby Jacks

Postby sartoris23 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:41 pm

I picked this up at a garage sale. I'm new to collecting and would welcome any comments on this. It works fine but is missing the back.
Attachments
image.jpg
sartoris23

Re: Field Baby Jacks

Postby TheFatman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:56 pm

It is made by Fey I believe and wish I found it first. Dont know what you paid but I feel it was a great bargain. I haven't seen one before in my travels. There are other models Fey made. This machine has only 2 jackpot wins but the later models that came out had 3 and 5. Usually called 3 Jacks or 5 Jacks. Jennings also made similar type machines along with a few others. The 5 Jacks was copied or reproduced and sold thru Royal Bell in Colorado. There is quite a few others on this site more knowledgeable that I am on describing this. I hope I get close.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby Billyzap » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi great find .......the game was made by field manufactoring company located in Peoria Illinois about 1930 to 1931. In reel amusement by tom gustwiller you can find it on page 70. He values it at 1200 to 1600. I paid 1500 for mine just this summer. Mine was complete and working with a key. What a lot of people don't realize is that Peoria was a wide open town all the way into the 50s and 60s. So it use to be a pretty good gold mine for coin op. The door is made out of a cast metal and has a surface finish that matches the sides and top of the machine. Hope this helps.
Billyzap

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:23 am

TheFatman wrote:It is made by Fey I believe and wish I found it first. Dont know what you paid but I feel it was a great bargain. I haven't seen one before in my travels. There are other models Fey made. This machine has only 2 jackpot wins but the later models that came out had 3 and 5. Usually called 3 Jacks or 5 Jacks. Jennings also made similar type machines along with a few others. The 5 Jacks was copied or reproduced and sold thru Royal Bell in Colorado. There is quite a few others on this site more knowledgeable that I am on describing this. I hope I get close.
Dave F

Fatman:
Close, but no Cigar! Not a Fey machine. They only made a "3 Jacks", and a "Reno". The "Baby Jacks" is a Field Mfg. model.
Also, Royal Bell only made complete reproductions of the Fey style "3 Jacks", and was in dime play only, which no mfr.
ever did. R.B. never did a "Five Jacks". Two other people have made Repros of the "3 Jacks", in both penny & nickel play.
Repro Field "Five Jacks" have also been done by someone as well. Many of these repros are not noted as such on eBay. If
they look new & complete, "watch out"!
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby TheFatman » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:40 am

I knew I could come here and get an education. Thanks to everyones input.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby sartoris23 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:30 am

Thanks for the comments! I'm really enjoying reading about all the different machines people post about on this site.
sartoris23

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:51 pm

sartoris23 wrote:Thanks for the comments! I'm really enjoying reading about all the different machines people post about on this site.

Hi: Failed to mention before, my "Congrats" on your recent find, and at a garage sale to boot! Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Billyzap » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:50 pm

We'll if you are liking this kind of stuff then don't forget about the chicagoland antique advertising, slot machine jukebox show coming up Nov. 13to 15 th. If you need any info on the show check out their website www.chicagolandshow.com
Billyzap

Return to Fantastic Finds