markings not mills but, a 3 pronged crown.

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

markings not mills but, a 3 pronged crown.

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 pm

Well, got screwed once again (sort of). needed parts for a Mills diamond front, which was totally altered in the 1950's. it was turned into a "token vendor only machine" If you know what I mean , good. if not , Well , never buy one, it will cost you a cool 1 G to convert it back to a working slot.
I found a "mills" complete mechanics & coin escalator for 5 cent. of course, off e-ban. few photos but, looked complete, price seemed good, ect., ect. ,& looked correct era = not a high top type.

just got them today... Almost nothing on them is Mills marked. lots of letter/ number codes AND almost everything is stamped with a 3 pointed / pronged crown marking !!!
O.K. , WHAT DID i JUST BUY ???? a Dutch made slot ,copied from a mills ??? or was this crown marking a U.S. made company ?

reel strips are mills, the disks may not be. #1 = "B", disk #2 ="J-2", & disk #3= " SP-3" (which is a correct one).
I originally wanted to just slide this into the D.F. cabinet, then noticed it's not mills. So now want to steal the needed parts off it for the other one but, don't want to destroy it , if it's "rare" , ect.

of course , it was a "no returns" sale..... A guy out of Florida ,with lots of parts up for sale every week.
no sure How I want to handle the feed back yet.

parts needed are correct but, just not mills , ect.

any clue who actually made this ???
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Re: markings not mills but, a 3 pronged crown.

Postby mechanic » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

The three prong crown is the designation for an English machine part. Found mostly on the escalators.
mechanic

Postby Anglobritish » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi Guy's,
The 3 crowns was stamped into a Japanese machine similar to the Sega models, the Manzi Brothers who were big operators in the U.K in the 1950's through the 1990's with their company Regent Automatics Ltd was the distributors for the company that was called Crown Novelty, I have a picture somewhere of the brothers with the machine, Frank Manzi married Val Ruffler who's father Bill Ruffler was an icon in the British Coin Machine Industry from the 1930's through the early 2000's, I will call Frank up and find out the name of the company that made it, I will also find the picture of the machine, it was very similar to the Sega Diamond Star series.

Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:48 am

O.K. Freddy , you came through again.
I bought it for the parts / or to switch out with the mechanics I had, which was missing parts.
was 99 % complete but, would not fit into my diamond front, "the arms" sat to high to engage the escalator parts. the escalator had 2 code markings but ,no crown. The mechanics was loaded with the crown marking.
originally was told it was Mills made, wasn't happy to see the items bought was not. most of the parts were exact in size / shape but, Not all. of course off e-ban.

Freddy , you Really need to document all this information somewhere, tis a gold mine. you know way to much.....
thanks again !!
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Josh Down Under » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi i was put onto this page by another forum i belive im looking for the same i formation for my slot machine (pictures below) mine also has the 3 pronged crown and am having problems identifying the make of itany additional info would be appreciated
Thanks Josh
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Josh Down Under

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Josh !!!!

looks to be a clone of the Sega style machine Freddy had mentioned. Made by the Manzi Brothers.
I only own the mechanical part of the machine, many of the parts with the same crown logo. I was lied to on e-ban, that it was a Mills machine.... Nope. some of the parts aren't interchangeable between the two. I had an older slot that was missing parts, found this one at a fair price. wouldn't fit into my cabinet to use.

I assume what you have in the photo would be a bit rare but, rare doesn't always = $$$$$. since Sega machines sell for far less than a Mills machine (here in the U.S.), no doubt that would be on the same level (here).
not sure about over there. looks nice all in all. minor restoration might be nice.

We'll see what others have to say.
thank you for showing us this slot machine !
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Josh Down Under » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Thanks Jeff yeah it is in pretty good condition just a few small things need doing and maybe a service on the mechanism and she will be sweet. I will have a look into the manzi brothers and see if i can get any more info on it

Thanks Josh
Josh Down Under

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:43 am

Josh, only 1 machine !? that will change in the future. these Can be addictive.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Josh Down Under » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:25 am

Yeah only one im sure one day i will look at an older more extravagant one but at this point this will keep me busy. And im pretty sure they were made to be addictive cause othere wise they would t be so popular
Josh Down Under

Postby TheFatman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:56 am

I know you stated it was a "No Returns" but fleabay does have a mis represented policy and it what you bought was not what it was stated to be, there is a claim that can be made. Dont finalize the deal with feedback until you look into this.
Good luck and I hope you get your $ back.
Dave F
TheFatman

Next

Return to Just Chatting