Advice Requested

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Advice Requested

Postby noclue » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello
I am in need of some help/advice. I have a (Mills?) Golden Nugget 25 cent slot machine, which I no longer want. Can anyone tell me what a fair price would be for something like this, if I were to try and sell it? I know nothing about slot machines and want to be sure not to represent this as something it is not. It does work. If anyone could advise me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Rita

p.s. Sorry can't figure how to get photo right side up.
Attachments
20180304_161545.jpg
noclue

Re: Advice Requested

Postby oldslotman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:42 pm

What you have there is a reproduction machine. It is not a Mills. To most collectors it has very little value, but you may find someone who just wants a machine to play and have fun with and not worried about it not being an original machine. Value wise it is worth what someone will pay for it. List it for sale with "make offer"
oldslotman

Postby noclue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:06 am

Thank you very much for the information.
noclue

Postby standardchief » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:20 am

My understanding is that standard Mills slot machines were modified to look like Golden Nugget slot machines. So, you almost certainly have a genuine Mills slot machine, and that does have value. There are six similar machines for sale on ebay today. Those range in price from $1500/best offer all the way up to $3950/best offer. If you want to sell yours on ebay, look at those listings (and do not forget to include the ebay-required disclaimer in your listing).
standardchief

Postby jsin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:51 am

I am no expert by any means, however I would agree with oldslotman. Appears to be a reproduction and not an authentic Mills.
jsin

Postby YourBestBet » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:54 am

No escalator. Quarters are fixed in the escalator window. This is a 100% repop. The listings on eBay starting at $1500 are a joke. You’d be a sucker to buy a repro Nugget.
YourBestBet

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am

standardchief wrote:My understanding is that standard Mills slot machines were modified to look like Golden Nugget slot machines. So, you almost certainly have a genuine Mills slot machine, and that does have value. There are six similar machines for sale on ebay today. Those range in price from $1500/best offer all the way up to $3950/best offer. If you want to sell yours on ebay, look at those listings (and do not forget to include the ebay-required disclaimer in your listing).

Some Golden Nuggets are created from original Mills Black Cherry and Golden Falls machines. Tons are not and this is machine is a total fake. The late Tom K, Royal Bell and I am sure others made them and not a single nut was original. They produced the entire mechanism. They used the word "remanufactured" as a ploy to make people think the machine were restored.

Some fakes are better than others. This particular one is one of the worst. It has no working escalator. You can see the coins are just glued into place. I bet the jackpot is non functional as well.

The mechanism might be from an Aristocrat or an early gooseneck machine.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby standardchief » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Dave wrote: Some Golden Nuggets are created from original Mills Black Cherry and Golden Falls machines. Tons are not and this is machine is a total fake. The late Tom K, Royal Bell and I am sure others made them and not a single nut was original. They produced the entire mechanism. They used the word "remanufactured" as a ploy to make people think the machine were restored. Some fakes are better than others. This particular one is one of the worst. It has no working escalator. You can see the coins are just glued into place. I bet the jackpot is non functional as well.

----

My mistake. Thanks for the correction.
standardchief

Postby noclue » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:21 am

OK, I'm noclue's husband, the jackass who bought this thing maybe 25 years ago as part of a man-cave dream. It has to be some sort of Frankenstein reconstruction (the wooden insides and metal are superclean, jackpot does work, but escalator has coins in a mount and they don't move), but that was OK by me since I wanted it more for drunken laffs than collecting -- sort of like buying a knockoff Tiffany lamp. Noclue and I would like to sell it, but get a reasonable price for it, AND NOT MISREPRESENT WHAT IT IS. Unless the buyer wants to pay the ridiculous shipping charges, we'll sell it in SW or S. Florida, so that means Craigslist. So, fellers, what would a KNOWING buyer expect to pay for one of these pigs?
noclue

Postby oldslotman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:45 am

As a collector I even hate to put a price on one of these. I would suggest the 3 to $500 range. I have seen them sell for less and some for more. It is a novelty item not a collectable like you said.
oldslotman

Next

Return to Just Chatting