1910 Mills Bell, Fruit Gum Lock

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

1910 Mills Bell, Fruit Gum Lock

Postby meSz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:43 pm

New to this site!!! Trying to gain access to a Bell, Fruit, Gum machine without damaging the lock! I read in a post that some people can gain access by breaking one of the glass window on the front of the machine! The machine I am looking at actually has the center window broken out so if there is a way can someone advise? I tried to put a long screwdriver in and push down on the lock to no avail!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! THANKS !
meSz

Re: 1910 Mills Bell, Fruit Gum Lock

Postby saloonkpr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Take Slot to a Qualified Lock Smith..Don't Need ANY MORE DAMAGE
saloonkpr

Postby mrslot1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am

if your in Chicago, bring it by my shop.
I work on antique slot machine locks
mrslot1@aol.com
thanks Dave
mrslot1

Postby meSz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 am

mrslot1 wrote:if your in Chicago, bring it by my shop.
I work on antique slot machine locks
mrslot1@aol.com
thanks Dave

Dave, thanks for the offer but unfortunately I am outside of Pittsburgh! Tried a few local places and no one seems interested in doing it so far!
meSz

Postby meSz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:56 pm

So I was able to get a local locksmith to open the game but he was not able to make a key for the Bell Lock! Anyone have any idea as to who can make a replacement key or isn't this possible?

Also, if anyone can provide any literature on this game that would help one to know how it's supposed to operate and also give advice as to look for things as I am going through it?

Thanks!~!!
meSz

Postby flipper77 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Post a picture so that we can determine what kind of machine that you have. Sure that someone can provide info. I have several Coin Slot guides and one may apply to your Mills machine. Flip.
flipper77

Postby meSz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Thanks for the post. Here is a picture of the machine and the lock. As you can see someone considered themselves Picasso and painted it!
https://imgur.com/a/vAUfQ
meSz

Postby Imyourcaptain » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:44 pm

You have a Mills castle front from the 1930s. It surely has been repainted by someone. That is a mills lock. You can send that to Dave from post and he can rekey it for you.

You can find good books/ user guides on eBay or amazon for Mills slot machines. Have any pics of the insides?
Imyourcaptain

Postby meSz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Imyourcaptain wrote:You have a Mills castle front from the 1930s. It surely has been repainted by someone. That is a mills lock. You can send that to Dave from post and he can rekey it for you.

You can find good books/ user guides on eBay or amazon for Mills slot machines. Have any pics of the insides?

Thanks for the post and yeah I can take some pictures of the inside. Anything in particular?
Question, I am not use to posting pictures so please let me know what I am doing wrong. Once I put the imgur url in between the [img] shouldn't the picture show in the post?
meSz

Postby meSz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Imyourcaptain wrote:You have a Mills castle front from the 1930s. It surely has been repainted by someone. That is a mills lock. You can send that to Dave from post and he can rekey it for you.

Thanks for the post and yeah I can take some pictures of the inside. Anything in particular?
Question, I am not use to posting pictures so please let me know what I am doing wrong. Once I put the imgur url in between the [img] shouldn't the picture show in the post?
meSz

Next

Return to Slots