Help with Jennings "Today" Slot Machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Help with Jennings "Today" Slot Machine

Postby vegas2125 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping to find someone who has some knowledge about about a Jennings "Today" Vendor Slot Machine.

Purchased a Jennings "Today" Slot Machine about two months ago. I have spent about 200 hours restoring the machine and have everything working except the correct operations with the tokens. Originally it was set up to play with a nickel, which allowed you to play the machine and get a roll of mints. When you won, you would get paid with tokens. These tokens could be used to play the machine but you would not dispense a roll of mints. Instructions indicate that the machine knows the difference between a nickel and a token due to the hole in the token. These instructions further indicate that the plunger that detects a coin should pass through the hole in the token. If it does not pass through the hole, the vending mechanism would be tripped the same as on a nickel and a roll of mints dispensed.

The problem I am having is that if I adjust the plunger to go through the hole in the token, the machine doesn't realize that a token is there and you can't pull the handle. Hopefully, someone can tell me where I'm going wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Robert
Attachments
DSC00658.JPG
Throughout my life I spent most of my money on cars, women, and gambling; the rest of it, I just wasted.
vegas2125

Re: Help with Jennings "Today" Slot Machine

Postby mechanic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:24 pm

Nice Restoration ! So it is not releasing the handle with token play. First question is do you have both sensing pins on the back of the coin accepter? The release pin should work with either coin or token. It should hit on the bottom of the coin/token. The other sensing finger goes through the hole in the token which locks out the vertical pay fingers and prevents payouts on winning combinations using tokens. The same pin sensing a coin releases the vertical payout fingers as no hole is allowing the pin to go through. Adjust the release pin to the bottom of the coin so it can also hit the token if played. Be sure the pins do not rub on any part of the acceptor. Remember you need both pins for proper operation. Good Luck
mechanic

Re: Help with Jennings "Today" Slot Machine

Postby vegas2125 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. The information you supplied was invaluable. The machine operates with either a coin or a token, so the upper plunger is adjusted properly. The problem appears to be with the bottom plunger. It appears that the token drops down a little too far and the bottom plunger misses the hole. If I can figure out how to make an adjustment in the position of the token, the problem will be solved. Don't know if I would have ever figured out the problem without your help.

Best regards, Robert
Throughout my life I spent most of my money on cars, women, and gambling; the rest of it, I just wasted.
vegas2125

Return to Just Chatting