Caille Superior

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Caille Superior

Postby dogo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:44 pm

The cabinet is stained green. I believe in removing the green paint that was applied over it I probably removed some stain. It is still noticeable and I may try to do something with it. I found green stain, but haven't tried it and not sure I should. It basically has a nice green tint now.
dogo

Postby marsonion » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:35 pm

As if to force me to eat my words 100%, I've turned up some images clearly indicating a Superior with "Snail." Even a back door paper, which appears to be a repro or a stat of an original. In fact, I've only ever worked on two non-GP Superiors in my life, so my experience is very limited-- there may even be a whole lot of snail-outfitted three-reel Superiors in the hands of collectors represented on this forum... how would I know? #-o

At any rate, very nice work getting your machine fully operational, Don! 8)

dogo wrote:The cabinet is stained green. I believe in removing the green paint that was applied over it I probably removed some stain. It is still noticeable and I may try to do something with it. I found green stain, but haven't tried it and not sure I should. It basically has a nice green tint now.
Attachments
5.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
1.jpg
marsonion

Postby mechanic » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Picture 339.jpg
Picture 342.jpg
Picture 341.jpg
Picture 340.jpg
dogo wrote:The cabinet is stained green. I believe in removing the green paint that was applied over it I probably removed some stain. It is still noticeable and I may try to do something with it. I found green stain, but haven't tried it and not sure I should. It basically has a nice green tint now.

Here's some pics of the green sides taken during restoration.
mechanic

Postby dogo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:51 am

Thanks for the additional info.The green paint on the machine was not good and someone had painted black on the inner edges of the wood on the front. It had to go.
Attachments
IMG_20191201_083337612.jpg
IMG_20191117_084407990.jpg
dogo

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions