Little Duke mechanism

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Re: Little Duke mechanism

Postby Junk-Attic » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am

If this was facebook :D I would give You a very big "thumbs up".
Nice metal fabrication, not original but if it does the thing...Gives You time to look for a original AND meanwhile you can enjoy the machine =D>
Junk-Attic

Postby Rick-okc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am

RameGoom, I like your name, thanks for the info. Pretty interesting on both parts.
If you have anything else, send it on.

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby RameGoom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:36 am

If you have some time to spend, look thru this folder on my website, relating to the Little Duke. Lots of high resolution pics of the internals. I delved into this machine to get it 100% and photographed along the way. Didn't put it in chronological order, but the pics speak for themselves. Hope it helps:

http://www.ramegoom.com/john/little_duke/
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Ramegoom...thanks for the pictures. Nice to have a detailed reference. I have a Little Duke mechanism on the bench that I am cleaning. I have done many Mills & Pace slots over the years and am reluctant to start tearing the Duke apart without a "reference" machine! (Just in case! Haha) For example, is it possible to take the clock out w/o completely disassembling the reel bundle support plate? Also the machine has a triple jackpot and the two main jp's filled and the reserve isn't filling---seems to be slightly open? Anxiously awaiting Rick-okc's "how to" info!!
rtmccurdy

Postby altort » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Rick

I am in the process of restoring a Little Duke with side vender when I seen your post, I have it all torn down and cleaned up with some reassembly already done, if there is any thing that I can help you with let me know, also keep in mind that there is more than one style mech used and they are differ from one another, I have three Little Dukes with different mechs, they are tricky machines to work on, no cut and dry way to tear in to it.

Al
altort

Postby Rick-okc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Al, I didn't know that. I would appreciate pictures showing the difference between the mechs.
Let me PM you.

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:55 am

Al:
I know of two differences in the "Little Duke" mechanisms, but didn't know about a third,
unless you are referring to the 50c model. But there are three different coin head styles.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Rick-okc » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:07 am

Hey Bill,

Can you expand on that? Can you explain the difference between the two mechs?
My first guess would be based on which coin head was used? The early simple coin head might require a bit of extra coin detection gear on the mech as opposed to the one with the larger coin head. Just a guess.

Also you mentioned three styles coin heads? Can you expand on this as well? I know of the simple coin head. That's what my machine has. I think the more common is the larger coin selection head. Are there two styles of this head?

You got any pictures you can show me?????

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby Rick-okc » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:16 am

Anyone know where I can find the three coin chute sheet metal parts for the DUKE?
I'm restoring one for a friend and his is missing all of the sheet metal parts shown in this picture.
Picture is of my mech.
DSCN0309.JPG
Rick-okc

Postby altort » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi Bill

I wasn't to clear in my previous post, I have three Little Dukes, I have never had the mechs out and side by side to compare, there are two different stile mechs, and side venders, also jack pots are different, there might be other minor differences through out the production run, maybe if I put all three mechs side by side I might see more differences and now I am more curious to find out my self.

Rick, depending on the jack pot that the Little duke has, the coin chute that you are looking for might be different that the one you have pictured, that is one of the differences on the mechs.

Al
Attachments
ld1.jpg
ld2.jpg
ld3.jpg
ld4.jpg
altort

PreviousNext

Return to Parts WANTED