Caille Cadet Glass and lock

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Caille Cadet Glass and lock

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Hello,

I am purchasing a project Caillie Cadet .25 cent slot and so far I know it needs all the glass, cashbox and door lock. Anyone have these? Pm me details.

This may not be the proper place to ask this but is this an original color? I will know more when I can see it in person but it would appear to be original per some other pics provided. Though this will be the first Caillie I've owned. I've seen red and black but not this shade of green. If not, would you return it to original or keep it? If it is, I plan to clean it up but who would prefer it repainted?

Thank you!
Attachments
Caillie glass pics.jpg
ThirdGenAmusement

Re: Caille Cadet Glass and lock

Postby mazzeosa17 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:46 pm

I had a 5 cent Caille Cadet that I bought about 30 years ago from an antique shop here in Ohio, which I later sold. But it was this color green, or at least I remember it as being this color green.
mazzeosa17

Postby marsonion » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:04 am

ThirdGenAmusement wrote:
This may not be the proper place to ask this but is this an original color? I will know more when I can see it in person but it would appear to be original per some other pics provided. Though this will be the first Caillie I've owned. I've seen red and black but not this shade of green. If not, would you return it to original or keep it? If it is, I plan to clean it up but who would prefer it repainted?

Thank you!

Judging color online is a tough call: the ambient illumination, flash, digital presets on the camera, screen settings, etc. all militate to alter the hue, chroma, brightness, etc. of colors in a browser image. I'm attaching a picture of what I'm used to seeing by way of original Caille Bros. green baked enamel (but who knows how it'll look to you) and-- though I can't say for sure this one isn't a repaint-- it appears to me a good match to the British Racing Green color on a set of very original Cadet castings I have in my parts supply. By comparison, the image you posted looks sort of "Pea Green," a sort of lighter and weaker color. If that were the way it actually looks, I would also be very sure it's not original (and would surely find other evidence to confirm it's a repaint, such as that green paint on the escalator; it should be black) and I'd be tempted to restore it to something more like the original color which may not have been any sort of green at all. I'm not saying that's what you should do, but you asked!
Attachments
1.jpg
marsonion

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:49 am

Sorry for my Latency Marsonion! Beautiful machine you have! And I think your right, mine appears to be lighter in color. Hard to tell. There is an overspray in the underside of the casting so it very well could be a repaint. The escalator on mine is a similar green so if it is supposed to be black originally, it has been repainted.

I have been reading through some earlier posts on Caille within this forum and there is some great info, much you were a part of. Thanks for all your time and help you share!

A little off topic but I have noticed that Caille had a few different payouts. I am going to look for a payout card for mine. The card in it currently has some of the payouts changed with a ball point pen lol. However, they payouts arent similar other than for the double cherry and the cherry&lemon/bell. My payouts are:

Double Cherry - 2
Double Cherry with Bell/Lemon - 3
Orange - 7
Plum - 11
Bell - 14
Jackpot - 18

I am going to go through this more in depth. The mech is suffering from old oil and grease but had hoped to have the correct payout card figured out and ordered while its together. I see there are payout cards in some Caille's that have 2 different payout amounts for instance Oranges 7 to 8, Plums 11 to 12, Bells 15 to 16 and Jackpot 19 to 21. What decided which payout amount for the individual symbol? Curious if that may be similar to what I have or if I have a vertical or horizontal lever not getting enough contact to fire the correct pay slides.
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby BALTMANHD103 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:46 pm

Do you still need parts? Also both of mine say the same thing couns thickness was the difference.
BALTMANHD103

Return to Parts WANTED