PRIVATE SHIPPER NEEDED

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

PRIVATE SHIPPER NEEDED

Postby firefox1 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:38 am

Can anyone recommend one or two good private shippers. We ship coin op machines from North to South and East Coast to the West Coast. We had two damaged machines recently using Fed Ex. One of the machines was boxed by Fed Ex. The second was boxed by Craters and Freighters. Both boxes were mishandled, dropped, crushed and tossed around.
Your help is appreciated.
Attachments
951C0C72-4D1A-4539-934B-173017C57CDF.jpeg
F69F4BE7-235B-4A5B-90B0-4AC95A3451AD.jpeg
firefox1

Re: PRIVATE SHIPPER NEEDED

Postby Catman88 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:24 am

I asked a similar question but I was looking for a company that would pick up the machine from sellers that required Local pick up only, meaning the seller is not going to ship or move the machine. I did not receive any answers pertaining to my question, just packing suggestions.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9102

Doing my own search I did find a few companies, like craters and freighters but have not had a chance to use them. I'm curious how craters and freighters packaged your machine, was it in a wooden crate or did they use a cardboard box. What Carrier did they use to ship it, and what damage was done.

FedEx and UPS employees are going to drop these heavy items because they don't want to hurt their backs and they have no accountability, that is why they miss handle these heavy items.
Catman88

Postby firefox1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:03 pm

I shipped 2 antique slot machines again this week using Fed ex.
Worst service again. I paid Fed Ex for signature required. I shipped two separate boxes. One box shipped to state of Tennessee and second box to Pennsylvania. See last pic of the quality boxing of these two machines. The Box shipped to Tennessee was turned upside down. The driver ignored all the shipping arrows and labels. He did not care and never got a signature. He failed in his job duties. The Pennsylvania driver never made an effort to get a signature either. He left the box half way on the sidewalk and the elderly lady noticed this and she had to bring the box onto her front porch. I was informed the Ground home and business deliveries are employees of a third party shipper and Not Fed Ex employee. I considering after 15 years to use UPS.
Attachments
EF1ACD1C-E86B-4909-9F7B-D077F2028EEE.jpeg
firefox1

Postby kentdun » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:31 pm

I have heard from an unofficial source that Fed ex uses contractors ad drivers. The truck has FedEx in big letters, but the contractors's name is listed in small l enters somewhere on the truck.
kentdun

Return to Machines For Sale