A truly unique set of 5 Jennings machines for sale

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

A truly unique set of 5 Jennings machines for sale

Postby coppinpr » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:26 am

:D
Last edited by coppinpr on Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coppinpr

Re: A truly unique set of 5 Jennings machines for sale

Postby oldslotman » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:17 am

Here we go again
oldslotman

Postby CoinOpNut » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:45 am

I have been contacted by a few forum members about my video appearing on the website cited above, so I'll post this publicly to be clear:

Although there is a link to my YouTube video on the Jennings web page (and several other links to other videos/photos of machines I've shown in the past), I am not in any way affiliated with the owner or seller of the Jennings slot machine collection or the web site. I cannot offer any advice or guidance as to the authenticity of the machines, their provenance, or their value.

-John Zuk
CoinOpNut

Postby coppinpr » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:10 pm

as I said on the web page the video does not refer to the collection of machines, in fact it was only placed there during the building of the page as a test for a video position(I did say the page is not finished) Ill remove it and sorry if it caused any confusion(although to be honest it does say its not connected to the sale)
coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:30 pm

:-D
Last edited by coppinpr on Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coppinpr

Postby Swami » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:00 pm

I’ll take a shot at enlightenment on these machines. I’ve seen these in the past advertised for $250K. Now they are down to $75K. Clearly you joined this site because you thought there was Value Here with regards to your machines. Whether you are looking for a means to advertise, promote, or just learn what you have. So I’ll take on the task of teaching what you have.

Obviously a person is free to ask whatever they want for an item. However, when it’s so blatantly out of line I feel the need to interject. You have 5 Jennings Standard Chiefs. They are the Most Common and Least Valuable of the Chief line. Your machines are worth $2,500 to $3,500 each. The only reason the value is that high, is because they are in Original Jennings Console Floor Stands. Without the stands I would value them from $1,000 to $2,800 each, and that’s being generous for the $1.00 machine.

As a set you might hope to get $13,500 to $14,500 for all 5 of them. That’s using the assumption that someone really wants the entire set.

I wish you luck in your sale. I feel you may own these for many decades to come.

Regards
Swami

Postby oldslotman » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:11 pm

Swami wrote:I’ll take a shot at enlightenment on these machines. I’ve seen these in the past advertised for $250K. Now they are down to $75K. Clearly you joined this site because you thought there was Value Here with regards to your machines. Whether you are looking for a means to advertise, promote, or just learn what you have. So I’ll take on the task of teaching what you have.

Obviously a person is free to ask whatever they want for an item. However, when it’s so blatantly out of line I feel the need to interject. You have 5 Jennings Standard Chiefs. They are the Most Common and Least Valuable of the Chief line. Your machines are worth $2,500 to $3,500 each. The only reason the value is that high, is because they are in Original Jennings Console Floor Stands. Without the stands I would value them from $1,000 to $2,800 each, and that’s being generous for the $1.00 machine.

As a set you might hope to get $13,500 to $14,500 for all 5 of them. That’s using the assumption that someone really wants the entire set.

I wish you luck in your sale. I feel you may own these for many decades to come.

Regards

Well stated. Thank You
oldslotman

Postby oldslotman » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm

coppinpr wrote:
Here we go again

can you tell me what this means? is there something I should know or is it just some meaningless quote for those "in the know"

The story on these machines has been posted many times before.
oldslotman

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:48 pm

coppinpr wrote:Within the next couple of weeks I will be going live on my site (http://www.penny-arcade.info) with a sale of a complete, matched set, of 5 Jennings standard chief consol machines (5c,10,25c,50, and silver dollar ) This set has only had two owners since 1949 and the original owner was a top Mafia boss, these machines came from his private display at his mansion and were bought, in person, by the current owner over 40 years ago. they are untouched, pristine, and all working as they should.

My site has been asked to handle the sale for the current owner who is now getting older and wants to move these on to a new home,(they will not split the set)
I have decided to offer a sneak preview to collectors on this site as I know this is where the serious slot collectors can be found.

The sale page is not quite complete and has not been published as yet so this is a direct link to the page (more photos and info to come, including, hopefully, reg numbers) so take a look, if nothing else its an interesting

https://www.penny-arcade.info/unique-se ... sun-chiefs

Posting machines at such ridiculously high numbers puts the legitimacy of your entire site in question. I know I will never go there to look for any machines.

Do you really think you are going to get any positive traction by posting on a site that is full of knowledgable slot machine people?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cait001 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:02 pm

just want to say that in collectibles you need a lot more verified documentation to prove the lineage of an item if it is going to be sold under the auspices of being "from the collection of famous person X".
And even then, you would (almost) never have verified lineage (stressing the Verified part) boosting the value of an object by more than 100%. Especially if the item itself isn't personalized for them in some fashion.
cait001

Next

Return to Machines For Sale