A truly unique set of 5 Jennings machines for sale

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Re: A truly unique set of 5 Jennings machines for sale

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:21 pm

coppinpr wrote:Also,I am not new to this site, I simply chose not to use it much for the same reasons many other (American) collectors have told me they no longer do, because its become a small-time club of people who like the sound of their own voices saying how clever they are :D

Since this is a "small-time" club of people site maybe you should market the machines on the various Facebook slot pages.

It will make the comments that were posted here look like a love fest. :-D

Dave, the admin of the Small-Time coinop website :-D :-D :-D :-D
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:32 pm

Go to https://www.facebook.com/Indian-Chief-O ... e_internal to see the page the owner put on Facebook.

The following is stated about the machines

All original set of 5 Indian Chief "One Arm Bandits"
* They were manufactured in commemoration of the
Five "Peaceful Tribes" of Native Americans.
(1) The Miccosukee (Creek)
(2) The Seminole
(3)The Cherokee
(4)The Choctaw
(5) The Chickasaw
The original coinage is in the viewing panel in the front of each machine. They are all in working order and in pristine condition.

I never knew Jennings made machines in commemoration of the 5 "Peaceful Tribes".
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cait001 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:11 pm

Dave wrote:I never knew Jennings made machines in commemoration of the 5 "Peaceful Tribes".

In North America we have a long-standing tradition of just making crap up about indigenous tribes to suit whatever needs we might have. :^o
cait001

Postby sam2002 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:29 am

Hey Dave love your site!! Fantastic place to acquire knowledge on this hobby!! Great sorts of knowledgeable folks on here as well!! Many and most here are passionate about this hobby and share their vast knowledge of coin op!! Always will be appreciated that your site exists!!!
Thank you !
sam2002

Postby watlingboy » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:55 pm

Provenance is non tangible hard to put a price on. Usually provenance only adds desirability for a sale but does not translate to actual dollars. Very few people add additional value to an item because of their prior ownership. And Capone is not an option because he was sent to prison in the early 1930’s and was most likely dead when these were made. The owner states that these were made in the 20’s but were actually made some 20 years later. Lots of complete sets of Jennings console machines have survived with most being much more desirable than these, such as Sun Chief, Sweepstakes, Monte Carlo and Prospector. Swami knows because he still has and has had some of the best of these. I guess it’s fun to to show a bunch of average machines, put crazy prices on them and whip people into a frenzy but I’m afraid that’s all this is.

George
watlingboy

Previous

Return to Machines For Sale