Jennings Chief Questions

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Chief Questions

Postby Repair4w » Wed May 24, 2023 10:28 am

Not sure exactly what year and model. Finally got it working but have a few issues left.
1. the only pays that work properly are the single and double cherries. This game also pays on 3 cherries but not listed on paytable, is this normal?
2. All other pays pay 1 coin less, any ideas.
3. I haven't got the Manual fill Jackpot mechanism to work yet, I still have to clean it up, but it doesn't function when setting up the 3 Bars, but 17 coins come out of pay slides, is that normal?

I have removed and cleaned the pay slides and put back together using no lubricant, springs are nice and tight, index fingers seem to be kicking good.

any help and or documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Jennings.jpg
Repair4w

Re: Jennings Chief Questions

Postby oldslotman » Wed May 24, 2023 10:05 pm

Some Jennings pay on three cherries. If there is a cherry on the third reel than it is three cherry pay. You may have the wrong award card. When you get the higher payouts it is not unusual for them to be one coin short because of the newer coins being used. Newer coin are thicker than the older silver coins which will cause the one coin shortage.
oldslotman

Postby Repair4w » Thu May 25, 2023 8:09 am

Thanks for the help, its greatly appreciated. I do have one more question, there is a plug covering one of the holes in the payout/index plate that corresponds to reel #1, it is where one of the bars on the reel would be when the bar is on the payline, obviously it will make the machine hold %age a little more, do you know if this is common practice?
Repair4w

Postby mazzeosa17 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:02 pm

Yes, I've seen this on a number of slots over the years, where the slot machine "Operators" would reduce the payout percentage by plugging one of the holes in the reel payout discs, and then paste over a different symbol (such as a lemon) on the reel strips. They didn't call them 'one armed bandits' for nothing.
mazzeosa17

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions