Little Duke

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Little Duke

Postby dogo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 am

Hello all,
Picked up a Little Duke a while back that hadn't been touched in years. Thanks to Rick-okc"s book I have it rebuilt and working smoothly with one exception. The jackpot will function if I just put a few coins in and cheat the mech to cause a jackpot. If I just let it fill itself and run for weeks it seems that the pennies gradually pack down and exert so much pressure on the payout slides that the top slide can't move with the others. Then the mech jams because the other slides can't reset due to the pressure on the top slide. Is it just a matter of bending the trip lever ? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Don
dogo

Re: Little Duke

Postby mechanic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Try Loosening the 4 screws on the slide cover a turn or two, if it makes a difference you may hjave to shim the cover by putting pin thin washers aka wafer washers on top of all 4 posts sometimes 2 ea. The problem being the slide cover may be warped.
mechanic

Postby dogo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Thanks for the input mechanic. I tried loosening them and shims - no better. Everything works outside the cabinet and even in the cabinet with an empty jackpot or just a few coins. Only after the jackpot is full and played a few times there is too much pressure on that top slide. Could it be too much spring tension on the release bar or is the release bar bent ?
Thanks again
Don
dogo

Postby mechanic » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 pm

After reading your original post thought i'd add this. If the trip lever sitting on the top slide is pressing down on it that will cause the slide to bind. It will also make it harder for the slides beneath it to reset cuz the top slide is at an angle in front. Try a small amount of grease beneath the trip lever just a small coating. (yes I know never grease the slides) The grease beneath the trip arm where it rests on the top slide is where it's needed. It seems the problem could be a bent part, either the trip lever itself or the part it comes in contact with putting down pressure onto the top slide causing the binding. Check it out and good luck!!
mechanic

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions