Jennings 400 HELP needed

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings 400 HELP needed

Postby meSz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:25 pm

Have a Jennings 400 I am looking at for a guy as a favor. Said slot was working but then all of a sudden it stopped. When I turn the machine on the CALL ATTENDANT light is lit, red light on the tower is lit and the display reflects 000. I am more a pin guy so my experience with these is very limited. I have the hopper filled with nickels. Now with a quarter slot I had years ago when you filled the hopper I had to press a button to activate the wheel in the hopper so it would load quarters. With this machine here it appears all you do it load the hopper and the weight of the coins activates a switch to let the machine know it's loaded???

Any assistance in troubleshooting this is appreciated!

Oh, I did pull up the manual and reviewed the trouble shooting info and it just points towards the hopper being loaded???

Thanks,

meSz
meSz

Re: Jennings 400 HELP needed

Postby MONTI » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am

You say you are doing this as a Favor, this may turn into a very big favor! LOL
I believe when you say Jennings 400 you are speaking of the Jennings 400 Standard Series as shown in the first photo below!
Most of the problem with these particular Jennings slots are due to a problem on the Logic Board!
Usually after the nicad battery located on the board takes a "dump"!
Logic board problems on these is rather common!
However there are other issues with these as to edge card connector issues, dirty contacts, Etc.
However my bet is on the Logic Board!
There is a gentleman in Las Vegas who is really on top of these particular slot machines and has also redesigned the logic board as shown in the last photo below!
If this is the particular slot machine you speak of I have contact information for him if you want to send me a PM!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby meSz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:21 pm

So messed around with the machine a little more. Although the CALL ATTENDANT light is still on, after cleaning all the contacts on the cards, the game played.....sort of. When I dropped 3 nickels in the coin accepted light lit. When I pulled the arm 2 of 3 reels worked (left reel did not). The 2 reels came to a stop. Did this three times and on the third time 2 cherries came up and the bell rang and nickels started to spit out. Not sure how many but several. Once the coins stopped the bell continued to ring. I hit the button on the Logic Board to no avail.

Any ideas as to what to check/try?

Thanks!!!
meSz

Postby MONTI » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Problem on the Standard 400 Series Jennings is usually in the Logic Board, have you contacted Pete in Vegas yet?
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby meSz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:31 am

Yeah I contacted Pete and he has the logic boards (LB) for sale for 120$. I was trying to troubleshoot as opposed to just buying the new board and then finding out the issue wasn't the board itself. I found the manual online at http://www.jenningsslots.com/Jennings%2 ... Manual.pdf and read that the one reel issue can be 1 of 5 things, the LB being one of them.
meSz

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions