Mills Castle Front Mystery Payout?

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Castle Front Mystery Payout?

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Hello,

I have an early Mills nickle Castle Front slot I am finishing up on. After a long session of "testing the slot"(I tell my wife this needs done) I noticed twice I hit a Lemon,Orange, Orange and the slot paid 10 nickels. On the first reel there is 4 lemons and only one in this combo will pay. The other 3 do not have the "hole" for the payout finger to go through.

I didn't not break down the reel bundle and all the other payouts are correct. So I am curious if it is possible someone made a hole here or if there is a wrong its possible a payout disk was replaced. Everything should be fairly original to the machine and the mech itself is complete with no signs of parts removed or modifications. I was thinking mystery payouts came later than when this machine was produced and more prominent in the hi tops but I am looking for input on this and get some thoughts.

If this isn't currently correct, can I just braze in a'bug' to cover the first payout disk hole for this combo or what do you suggest.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
IMG_20200926_075527.jpg
IMG_20201124_131237.jpg
IMG_20201010_203959.jpg
ThirdGenAmusement

Re: Mills Castle Front Mystery Payout?

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 am

A bump for this post.

I don't think this payout is correct but just want to be sure. It's strange there's a hole n the payout disk for only one if the 4 lemons if it is indeed a mystery payout. So it makes me think something isn't right. Any one have input on this? Thank you.
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby tsparts4u » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:44 am

I haven't seen a mystery pay like the one that you mentioned, but if it was me......I would just put a plug in the first disc where the orange upper payout lever is going through. Either that, or the reel strip is incorrect, and there should be an orange symbol where the lemon now is. But that is unlikely.
tsparts4u

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:15 am

tsparts4u wrote:I haven't seen a mystery pay like the one that you mentioned, but if it was me......I would just put a plug in the first disc where the orange upper payout lever is going through. Either that, or the reel strip is incorrect, and there should be an orange symbol where the lemon now is. But that is unlikely.

Thanks Jerry. I may reach out to you via email with the strip numbers to see if that is the issue before I make a mod to the payout disk. The payout card I got from you for this slot is really nice! Great quality!
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby markymarkuk » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:37 pm

That's strange, had a Castle Front in workshop today that did the same. Paid out on a Lemon on first reel, I just assumed it should have been a Cherry! However, the reel strips were original and no alterations had been done as far as I could tell... Maybe it was the "Mystery" payout Mills mention in sales literature years ago????
markymarkuk

Postby clubconsoles » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:11 am

lots of Mills and some Watling make a cherry payout on the first reel lemon symbol. that's how they left the factory!
clubconsoles

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions