Jennings Today Vendor

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Jennings Today Vendor

Postby mechanic » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:05 pm

WoodrailFanatic wrote:Mechanic....thanks for your reply.

You are exactly right that those two nuts line up exactly with the holes that the wing screws go through to secure the mech to the base. But they are there to secure what I will refer to as the sub-base to the cabinet. By sub-base I mean the metal play replete with holes that the mech sits on when in the cabinet. They are in no way preventing the mech from lifting up high enough to clear the sub-base so it can slide out. When I gently put a screw driver under the base of the mech and gently pry up (per stated direction in the Jennings documentation) you can clearly see nothing but open space between the mech and the sub-base.

If I have misinterpreted the meaning or intent of you post please set me straight.

TWO MORE POSSIBILITIES, FIRST IS THE COIN ACCEPTOR IS JAMMED WITH COINS AT THE TOP WHICH WILL STOP THE MECH FROM SLIDING OUT. THE OTHER IS THE INSIDE HANDLE STARTING LEVER JUMPED OVER THE MAIN OPERATING LEVER AKA (PORK CHOP). THIS TO WILL PREVENT REMOVING THE MECH AND IT'S A BEAR TRYING TO GET IT BACK INTO PROPER POSITION.
mechanic

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Mechanic....again thanks for your good suggestions.....I will check them both out.

Clarification though...if the inside handle starting lever has jumped over the pork chop would I be able to cycle the mechanism? Because I can get the mechanism to cycle manually (not with a coin but by holding back the coin detection lever)...handle pulls, reels spin and stop, upper payout levers seek in, etc.
WoodrailFanatic

Postby mechanic » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:57 pm

IF THE INSIDE LEVER JUMPED THE PORK CHOP IT WILL NOT PLAY. BEING ABLE TO CYCLE THE MECH ELIMINATES THE ONE ISSUE. CHECK ON THE COIN JAM NEXT.
mechanic

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Finally got the mechanism out of the case!!

So I wanted to post a followup here. Sorry it has been so long since I initiated this thread but I had to take a long break to deal with some serious family medical issues.

Since it seemed to be hanging up towards the right rear of the machine (when viewed from behind) I decided to try and find someplace where I could exert some upward pressure in that area. When I did this the mech did come on out. I am wondering if it was the lower edge of the long metal tube that feeds coins into the coin box perhaps sticking down a little too far and catching on the base plate. I also noticed after getting the mech out that the base plate was not screwed down tightly. The back two screws in each corner were not tight against the base plate so maybe that contributed to the problem. The screws appear to be new replacements so perhaps they are the wrong size and would not screw all the way down.....got to fiddle with them to determine that.

Thanks to everyone who offer suggestions and help....much appreciated. This is a great group!!
WoodrailFanatic

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions