Jennings Today Vendor Question

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Today Vendor Question

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Sun May 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Working on a Jennings Today Vendor.

I need to know if the bottom, longer finger or tang pointed to by the red arrow on this part in the attached photos is supposed to be bent inward or not relative to the shorter fingers above it?

It appears to me that where it is currently positioned is preventing the rolling drum that displays how many coins you will "win" on the next pull after a hit from returning to its home position to say "Today you should purchase a package of quality confections".

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Bent Finger 1.jpg
Bent Finger 2.jpg
WoodrailFanatic

Re: Jennings Today Vendor Question

Postby oldpinguy » Sun May 02, 2021 1:09 pm

I can check my machine when I am back with it after May 10, but in general, I don’t believe parts like this are meant to be bent after they are cast or machined.

Meanwhile, I could really use a good photo of the mint racks and their dimensions. Mine were missing.

Thanks
oldpinguy

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Sun May 02, 2021 1:40 pm

oldpinguy,

Ah, that would be great. Much appreciated.

The machine I am working on does have all of the mint rack parts as best I can tell so I will be happy to supply you photos and dimensions. My only caveat is that this machine does not have a jackpot so it has four full sized columns.
WoodrailFanatic

Postby oldpinguy » Sun May 02, 2021 1:49 pm

Thanks
Mine has the jackpot, but that only means two shorter versions of the racks. I’ll send you photos of your bent part as soon as I’m back in Santa Fe.
Thanks,
Stan
oldpinguy

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Fri May 28, 2021 2:23 pm

I wanted to give an update on this just to close the loop and let everyone know what my solution was.

Thanks to some good help and photos from oldpinguy I determined that those bottom fingers were positioned exactly where they needed to be....I was so sure they had been bent forward!! But the reason the machine was showing a 2 win message on the rotating drum when no win had been detected by the machine was for such a simple reason I am embarrassed to say what it was. The messages on the rotating drum are printed on cardboard strips. Someone - honest it was not me - had slid those into the channels on the drum in completely the wrong positions! Pulled them all out and placed them in the proper order and amazing.....the drum shows the correct status at all times! Thanks for the help Stan.

I pulled the payout slides and cleaned them and the slot is cycling and paying out out correctly now...at least out of the cabinet. So I have not tested the "deliver the coins to the player on the next pull" function yet.

I do have a new issue and will open a new post for that.....
WoodrailFanatic

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions