Mills 10 cent Extraordinary

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills 10 cent Extraordinary

Postby westoferewhon » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:35 pm

After a rather difficult move my Mills Extraordinary will not pay out.Everything except the payout works great.The coin tube is full to the top with dimes.The top 3 coin slides appear to be stuck in an extended position and the bottom 3 appear to be stuck in a rearward position (I think there are 6 total)and do not move when a winning combination is produced.
Could someone give me some help resolving this?
westoferewhon

Re: Mills 10 cent Extraordinary

Postby rosekiller454356 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:54 am

If you shipped the machine without emptying the coin tube, it is highly likely you now have a coin turned sideways in the slides. If so, this will inhibit the lower slides (in your case the lower 3) from receiving any coins when the slides are reset. Pull the mechanism and tilt it on its side just enough to view into the lower slides. If you see a coin jam remove it using you finger or the rear end of a toothbrush......avoid using metal tools that could damage the slides.
rosekiller454356

Postby 5$ed » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:00 pm

There is a lock for the main slide which is released during the windup cycle. It has a spring to pull it off the master ( main slide, #1 slide, sled, ect. ) slide. If you do not have a stuck coin,this spring came loose or broke
5$ed

Postby westoferewhon » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:54 pm

I got it resolved by removing the coin tube,emptying all the dimes through the slides,reinstalling it and refilling it about halfway.I think the slides were jammed with coins that were crooked.Works correctly now.Thanks for the help.13 mile move and every slot machine and jukebox I own got screwed up.
westoferewhon

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions