Columbia Help

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Columbia Help

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:04 pm

Gentlemen,

I am fiddling with a Columbia and have some questions.

There are a couple of things that are new to me on this particular Columbia so your experience will be most beneficial to me. This machine has what I believe is termed a straight drop coin chute....i.e. it does not have the little circular escalator with the cage around it....see photo. It also looks to me like it was a Gold Award game although I don't think that feature is complete on this example. See photo of window on front casting that leads me to this conclusion and the photo of it from the back of the front casting that seems to be a bit sparse to allow any token dispensing function.

This machine has a spring loaded disk that is attached to the backside of the front casting (see close up photo) that I am guessing was involved in the token function. Are my assumptions up to this point correct?

The problem I am having with this machine is that I have an alignment issue between the coin head (where you insert the nickle) and the coin chute. The coin is a bit off center as it falls from the coin head to the chute and it will catch the top edge of the chute, the coin will hang there and this causes a coin jam.

I am wondering if that spring loaded disk is causing my alignment problem as the way it is mounted leaves it a bit canted...what I mean by that is that the right side of the disk is closer to the backside of the front casting than the left side is. If you look at the photo showing the long view of that disk you can see a little bit of that canting.

There is a lever on the mech that I believe impacts this disk and pushes it forward when the mech is in the case.

1) Is the canting of this disk normal and proper?
2) If, indeed, the token dispensing function is missing other parts can I remove this disk and its associated spring loaded linkage without causing other problems?
3) Has anybody else experienced this alignment issue and subsequent jams with straight drop coin chute machine?
4) If so is there some adjustment that can be made to remedy this problem?

Thanks for your help....always appreciated.
Attachments
DSC01434.JPG
DSC01431.JPG
DSC01433.JPG
DSC01432.JPG
WoodrailFanatic

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions