Watling part needed

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Watling part needed

Postby coppinpr » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:09 pm

someone has contacted my website (http://www.penny-arcade.info) to ask if the below-broken part is available in the USA. They are a shipping company and a Rol-a-top they were shipping has been damaged, (See part details below) To be honest its been 10 years since I myself had a rol-a-top and I don't think I even had cause to check out this piece so I'm not too sure exactly what it looks like. how it got broke I can't imagine but there it is. anyone got any advice or know of a replacement? any help is much appreciated.

photo3.jpg

before

photo2.jpg

after

photo1.jpg

damaged piece
coppinpr

Re: Watling part needed

Postby altort » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:50 pm

An other broken slot from a shipper, no surprise!

Just about anything can be fixed, all depends on how much money you are willing to spend, I had a Roll-A-Top brought to me about three years ago broken up pretty bad by Fedex, did not want to get involved but a good customer of mine and took it in and fixed all like new never could tell from inside or out that it was ever broken and repaired, all prep welding and refinish I charged $750.00.

Look it over carefully most likely there is hidden damage and cracks that cant easily be seen till stripped down, the castings I repaired had about five or six additional cracks that did not see at first

Good luck
Attachments
rolatop broken castings.jpg
rolatop broken castings 8.jpg
rolatop broken castings 7.jpg
rolatop broken castings 6.jpg
rolatop broken castings 5.jpg
rolatop broken castings 4.jpg
rolatop broken castings 3.jpg
rolatop broken castings 2.jpg
rolatop broken castings 1.jpg
altort

Re: Watling part needed

Postby WATLINGMAN » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:34 am

HI PAUL tell them to contact Larry Debaugh at cherry restoration.
watling1@comcast.net
WATLINGMAN

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions