Replacing Mills 10 stop Reel Strips

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Replacing Mills 10 stop Reel Strips

Postby Bally Bill » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Hi and No I was reading the symbols top down on #1 reel starting from the Bell,(end of strip) plum,cherry orange then my symbols going down and around reel ending with Bar, Bell
#2 Bell,-- Orange,Cherry,Bell then my symbols rounding to top of reel with Cherry, Plum, Bell
#3 Bell,-- Bell/Fruit,Lemon,Plum then symbols ending with Plum.Orange, Bell

Oldslotman yes fingers are inserted in all the reel holes and it pays correctly
Attachments
3 bell payout.jpg
Bally Bill

Postby Bally Bill » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:29 am

correct me if I'am wrong but the reels themselves should have 10 holes with stop notches and 10 symbols per reel strip so none of these strips are correct because the 3 reels have 20 symbols each. If anyone has a side view picture of a 10-stop reel that would be helpful!
Attachments
10 stop reel side view.jpg
Bally Bill

Postby watlingboy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:33 am

All reel strips have 20 symbols. A 20 stop machine will stop on all 20. A ten stop machine will only stop on the 10 even numbered symbols. The odd numbered symbols mean nothing because the mech never stops on them. The stopping is determined by the star wheel that is beside each reel. A 10 stop will have only 10 spaces for the reel to stop, the 20 stop will have 20 spaces.

George
watlingboy

Postby Bally Bill » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Hi Geroge, Thank you for that information and once again I"am learning something new in this slot machine hobby which keeps my mind sharp! Now just have to figure out the correct reel strips from Rick frinks catalog but I think the standard 10 stop is going to be the correct version I will try.
Bally Bill

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions