IGT slot repair

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

IGT slot repair

Postby mazzeosa17 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:32 pm

I’m visiting friends out here in the lake Tahoe area who have a 1995 IGT Electronic slot that needs repair. I only work on the mechanical and electromechanical games. Does anyone know a repair person in this area? It’s a model B5033CFIW. The game turns on but will not accept a coin, so the issue appears to be in the coin acceptor on the door. Or at least the initial issue appears to be that.
Sal
Attachments
4E7E2D11-84A0-4B0A-B5DF-37EBE70AB16E.jpeg
mazzeosa17

Re: IGT slot repair

Postby 63mini » Mon May 16, 2022 7:40 am

Is there an "Error" number in the left side winner paid window? If it's been sitting the battery could be low and it would cause an Error 12 on the display. This would be very common in a game for home use.

Unfortunately, I cannot refer someone in that area.
63mini

Postby MONTI » Mon May 16, 2022 2:10 pm

You might try posting on New Life Games Forum
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php
and seeking information there!
As there, they specialize in the later fully electronic slots!
Personally I don't know anyone in the Lake Tahoe Basin or in South Lake Tahoe that offers service, especially in house service, as those puppies are like boat anchors to move around or take somewhere for service!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby mazzeosa17 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:28 pm

No I didn’t get any area codes in the left side winner paid window. However, a friend of mine in Ohio contacted me and told me how to fix it. The owner brought the game from Ohio and didn’t remove the coins from the hopper, so some of the coins came out of the hopper, got into and behind the circuit board, causing a fuse to blow. I took out the circuitboard, removed the offending coins, replaced the fuse, put the machine back together and it worked! Thanks for the feedback and thank you Bob for telling me how to fix it!
mazzeosa17

Postby 63mini » Tue May 17, 2022 4:49 pm

Glad you found the issue and got her running. =D>
63mini

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions