Bally Model 785 Question please, Wheels not turning

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Bally Model 785 Question please, Wheels not turning

Postby hendrob » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:13 am

Hi there , I am new here , thanks for letting me join. We have had a Bally 785 N for near 45 years , rarely used for the last 25 . It all works , BUT when you drop in a quarter and pull the lever , the wheels don't turn. They try, but then each one just locks as it should, had they been spinning . Now, if you leave it on for days it may work some , but I know nothing about it . It was doing the same thing 25 years ago ... Can anyone help with sonme information ? thanks very much, regards, Bob
hendrob

Re: Bally Model 785 Question please, Wheels not turning

Postby MONTI » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:27 pm

Could be a few different things!
Check out the boys at New Life Games, they specialize in the later electronic slots and Old Reno on the forum there has some good helping guides in the older section of the forum, the Archives!
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php
He and I worked at Barney's in South Tahoe together in the late 60's early 70's!
You can also PM me for my phone number and we can chat, I work on them puppies and have Bally EM parts as well!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

PS
Where are you located, maybe I can refer you to someone in your area!
Ciao!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Re: Bally Model 785 Question please, Wheels not turning

Postby hendrob » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:15 am

Hi Monti thanks so much for your reply . I will PM you tonight for your number and I will check out your link, working just now lolll . I am in Ontario Canada , Near the Windsor /Detroit border . there is likely someone in Toronto about 3.5 hrs away , but just about did us in getting it out of my mothers basement !!!!!!! Regards, Bob
hendrob

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions