2nd disk can rotate 1" with reel stopped, Pace Bantam

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

2nd disk can rotate 1" with reel stopped, Pace Bantam

Postby kkurk » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:56 am

I just inherited a Pace Bantam Jak-Pot that wasn’t paying out consistently (with no movement of the payout slides in those cases). I realized this is happening because, while holding the 2nd reel still, the 2nd disk can still rotate forward and backward about an inch total. After removing the reel assembly, I confirmed that disk 2 can rotate enough that the payout holes don’t always line up with the holes in disk 1 and 3. After that inch or so of travel, it won't rotate any farther, so it's not totally loose.

The 2nd disk also wobbles side to side, enough that it can almost come in contact with the disks 1 and 3. When I look down between the disks when I rotate disk 2 while holding reel 2 still, I can see that the disk is attached solidly to its coupling (or whatever it's called), because they move together as one unit. Is the metal axle tube possibly loose in the disk's coupling? I was hoping maybe the reel clamp just needs to be tightened, but I don’t think that would explain the side-to-side disk wobble. Any ideas what’s going on here? And is it something fairly easy to repair if I can get the assembly apart, or is this something that only a pro should handle? I had pics but got an error message when trying to upload them.
kkurk

Re: 2nd disk can rotate 1" with reel stopped, Pace Bantam

Postby Ttheer » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:07 am

I have some parts if you need them for Bantams - if the machine is something too far gone i would like to purchase it for parts.
Ttheer

Postby oldslotman » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:11 am

Possible one of the screws is missing and other is loose. Cannot upload picture. Board quota has been reached
oldslotman

Postby kkurk » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:34 am

Update: I was finally able to get the reel assembly apart. Unfortunately the disk coupling that holds the axle tube to that disk is cracked on both sides (parallel to the axle) from each axle rivet hole to the top of the coupling (moving away from the disk). This allowed the coupling to bend outward a bit at the top, making the rivet holes expand into an oval shape. As a result, the axle can twist slightly clockwise/counterclockwise as the axle rivets travel in the oval holes.

Is there anyone out there who repairs something like this, or is the only option finding new 2nd disk assembly?
kkurk

Postby MONTI » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:11 am

kkurk wrote:Update: I was finally able to get the reel assembly apart. Unfortunately the disk coupling that holds the axle tube to that disk is cracked on both sides (parallel to the axle) from each axle rivet hole to the top of the coupling (moving away from the disk). This allowed the coupling to bend outward a bit at the top, making the rivet holes expand into an oval shape. As a result, the axle can twist slightly clockwise/counterclockwise as the axle rivets travel in the oval holes.

Is there anyone out there who repairs something like this, or is the only option finding new 2nd disk assembly?

kkurk,
I am attaching a couple parts documents that relate to your problem, hopefully the upload problem is resolved on the Forum!

Okay, so didn't upload,
email me directly at
montislots@thegrid.net
As the part in question is more than likely available or I may have one in my shop once we establish what you are looking for specifically!
Please when you email attach a high resolution photo of your broken part!
Also I will email you the parts information I have, a parts blow up as well as a part description page!
Should be a relatively simple fix once axle hub part is replaced!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions