Mills reel gear question

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills reel gear question

Postby acavdragoon » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:42 am

I’m cleaning up a Mills reel, the sprocket is pinned with a couple options. What’s the options to the pin placement? Any difference on how it’s replaced? Here is a couple of pictures hopefully helpful to my questions.
acavdragoon

Re: Mills reel gear question

Postby acavdragoon » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:45 am

Can’t seem to upload some pictures, I’m getting this error message.....” Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.”
acavdragoon

Postby acavdragoon » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:53 am

F2B4CEEA-E1AE-4844-831E-E00DD7909C9C.jpeg

C8AEF4FD-AD7A-498E-9FDB-A8959C00EB9F.jpeg
acavdragoon

Postby MONTI » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:56 am

So as to make fine tuning adjustments for the vertical pay finger to align properly and correctly with the holes in the payout disc after the reel stop lever enters the star being shown here to stop the reel on completion of cycle!
Then if the reel tapes/strips symbols do not line up perfectly on the pay-line uncrimping the reel tins and gently rotating the strips on the reel tins to line up if necessary!
I believe Dave Berten still has the crimping tools for doing this task better than using a screwdriver to un-crimp the tin and lone nose pliers or some other tool to crimp!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby acavdragoon » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:18 pm

Thank you Monti, I ended up using the same pin holes that it originally was. Now I need to figure out which reel strips I need to get for it. The new ones I got were not the correct ones. Going through a big learning curve right now. Hope to get it together sooner or later.
acavdragoon

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions