Bally E1238 Repair / restoration

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Bally E1238 Repair / restoration

Postby aztoad » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:45 pm

I had bought this over a decade ago and it has been played for years by many family members during holiday gatherings. However, it is not used regularly. Last weekend, it was powered up for cleaning / bulb replacement before the Thanksgiving festivities and the slot machine no longer seems to register coins.

I have downloaded the manuals I can find, checked the fuses (5 in the back 1 in the hopper - all good), checked the power board (basics all check out), replaced a couple of bulbs, checked the on board 3.6 battery (seems to actually show 5 VDC) but the front display registers gibberish flashing or just a solid 1 on the far right character. The coin switch appears to check out via multimeter but does not light the coin accepted light nor coin number on the upper display. The reset / test switches no longer seem to perform the functions they used to.

Anyone familiar with this model? Is this the correct forum/site for this? Any thoughts on next steps, specific service manuals, hidden fuse I may be missing?

Thanks in advance.
aztoad

Re: Bally E1238 Repair / restoration

Postby 63mini » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:49 pm

aztoad,

You may want to post your request on New Life Games https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php as they deal more with the electronic games.
63mini

Re: Bally E1238 Repair / restoration

Postby aztoad » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:48 pm

Thanks and will do.
aztoad

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions