What is this part (Mills Silent FOK)

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

What is this part (Mills Silent FOK)

Postby insertcoinhere » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:10 pm

I have a Silent FOK that several years ago I was trying to gather parts to put together the linkage that prevented play if the mint vendor was empty. I never did get all the pieces and am thinking of resuming that quest. In the meantime, I found a part laying around that I can't identify. The machines works fine, pays out, JP works, etc, so I don't think this part is crucial to the operation but just have no idea what it is for. Is it related to the vendor linkage? Anyone know what it's for?
Thanks!
Greg
Attachments
P1072024.JPG
P1072023.JPG
insertcoinhere

Re: What is this part (Mills Silent FOK)

Postby oldslotman » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:06 pm

Reel kicker
oldslotman

Postby altort » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:49 pm

That part is the reel kicker must not belong to that slot or it would not operate, as far as the coin return parts for empty vender, what parts are you missing? the front vender parts, mech parts or the escalator parts? I restored one long time ago and had a spare cabinet with all those parts, not sure if i even still have any of them any more, if it would help you I can send you a link with all the pictures of those parts apart and re assembled in place.
altort

Postby Onemoretime » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:20 pm

Does your link apply to side vendor installation? I would be interested in seeing if you could send it ti me.
Thanks
Onemoretime

Postby insertcoinhere » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:09 pm

oldslotman - Thank you for the quick response. Now the mystery for me is how did I end up with a spare....

altort - I am not sure which parts are missing so a parts diagram/picture would be really helpful. To be honest I don't recall what I got all those years ago so will need to pull the mech and compare to a parts list. Thanks for the offer!

Greg
insertcoinhere

Postby altort » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:07 pm

This is a link to the restoration of the slot, many pictures of the full tear down and re build with all parts pictured, you should be able to see what you have and what you need, hope it helps.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/H5xHgM8LtTs4xs2z7
altort

Postby insertcoinhere » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:23 pm

Thanks! I'll start reviewing now.
insertcoinhere

Postby jmisatu » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:39 am

altort....That is about the most complete, documented and thorough restoration a person could ever imagine. If that is your work I am more than impressed and speechless on that quality of work. Excellent!!
jmisatu

Postby insertcoinhere » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:42 pm

altort -
I did some comparison of your pics and my machine. Took some pics of mine for comparison: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FyszLzinTgH4hfhr8

- Escalator looks good although the linkage feels very stiff. No springs, does not drop back down by gravity
- Arm in right-hand mint vendor column is in place and moves freely with no mints in place
- Based your awesome pics, it appears I have the "finger" at the front of the mech to hit the vendor arm
- There is linkage connected from the "finger" that terminates at an apparently adjustable end

Everything I can see aligns with what you have in your pics so maybe I have all the parts?? Any idea about that thing that looks like an adjustmet (arrow to it in last pic)?
Should that linkage on the escalator have a spring or just move by gravity? I would think spring but don't see where....

Thanks!
Greg
insertcoinhere

Postby altort » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:21 pm

JMISATU thank you for your compliment, yes that is my restoration, every machine I work on gets the same treatment, total tear down cleaning and re assemble of mech, the castings and cabinet do not always get restored all depends on condition, I just reconditioned a Caille cast iron Victory center pull that the cabinet and castings just needed cleaning only the mech got a total tear down and re build but no paint stripping just cleaned and lubed and re assembled, the castings were painted gold and only needed to have that paint removed and plating cleaned and polished, the cabinet needed to be re glued but not re finished, did need to replace the wood on the back door since it was not original to start with but did re stamp the slot numbers with the correct size and style as the originals on the wood base.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nsw9aQ7pdLsKzuXUA
altort

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions