Mills Hi Top paying out too much

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Hi Top paying out too much

Postby stiknruddr » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:02 pm

The machine is paying out too many times…apparently in some cases where the reels don’t show a payout. Does the machine need to be timed?
stiknruddr

Re: Mills Hi Top paying out too much

Postby oldslotman » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:03 am

Machine may not be resetting. Payout fingers maybe stuck.
oldslotman

Postby stiknruddr » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:13 pm

I’ll check the fingers…the machine could stand a cleaning and lube. I ordered a manual for repair….do the reels have to be indexed to a certain position or does the mechanism make it random?
stiknruddr

Postby mazzeosa17 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:29 pm

The reels spin randomly, but the reel strips (with the cherry, orange, etc. symbols on them) should be lined up with the holes in the reel discs connected to those tin reels. The upper payout fingers go through those reel disc holes to determine the payouts, and the upper payout fingers trip the lower payout fingers, which trip the payout slides, causing the coins to come out.
The manual (hopefully the Mead and Geddes book) should help you to find the problem. It could be the reel strip symbols aren't lined up, or the upper or lower payout fingers are jammed/not working right, or your payout slides may be dirty or jammed.
mazzeosa17

Postby stiknruddr » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:08 pm

Thanks much I ordered the book. The reel strips look original and un messed with so….
stiknruddr

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions