My original Jennings "Mints of Quality"

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

My original Jennings "Mints of Quality"

Postby shortrackskater » Sun Apr 26, 2026 5:52 pm

This is my unrestored Jennings Mints of Quality, or Quality Mint Vendor - I don't know what these were actually called. They have Dutch boys on the front but when I search that, I get a different model. This machine is mostly identical to the one my grandfather used to bring out for me to play when I was about 6,7 years old.
I'm still looking for a side vendor, real or repo.
BUT in the meantime, I play it and after some time, it's now full of very old nickels - Shield nickels, V nickels, buffalo nickels and a few silver nickels from WWII.
The machine works almost perfect (I need to lubricate it soon) and has a working delay-pay mechanism in it.
Attachments
IMG_1250.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg
Last edited by shortrackskater on Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shortrackskater
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 am
Location: The High Desert, Victorville CA

Re: My original Jennings "Mints of Quality" or whatever it's

Postby nvmos2 » Sun Apr 26, 2026 10:39 pm

Very nice!
Jennings sold this model as their Automatic Mint Vender, c. 1926.
old nick name; Display Front.
Of course, an entire line of Jennings models are known as the Dutch Boy(s).
nvmos2
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am
Location: SE Virginia

Re: My original Jennings "Mints of Quality" or whatever it's

Postby shortrackskater » Tue Apr 28, 2026 8:48 pm

Thanks for the information. :)

Now I have to find that vendor. :D
shortrackskater
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 am
Location: The High Desert, Victorville CA

Re: My original Jennings "Mints of Quality"

Postby shortrackskater » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:00 pm

FOUND THE SIDE VENDOR. These things aren't cheap but I don't know if I'll ever find one again. It's complete far as I can see and on the way to my house.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/278428952978
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
shortrackskater
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 am
Location: The High Desert, Victorville CA


Return to Slots

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron