Page 1 of 1

My original Jennings "Mints of Quality"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2026 5:52 pm
by shortrackskater
This is my unrestored Jennings Mints of Quality, or Quality Mint Vendor - I don't know what these were actually called. They have Dutch boys on the front but when I search that, I get a different model. This machine is mostly identical to the one my grandfather used to bring out for me to play when I was about 6,7 years old.
I'm still looking for a side vendor, real or repo.
BUT in the meantime, I play it and after some time, it's now full of very old nickels - Shield nickels, V nickels, buffalo nickels and a few silver nickels from WWII.
The machine works almost perfect (I need to lubricate it soon) and has a working delay-pay mechanism in it.

Re: My original Jennings "Mints of Quality" or whatever it's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2026 10:39 pm
by nvmos2
Very nice!
Jennings sold this model as their Automatic Mint Vender, c. 1926.
old nick name; Display Front.
Of course, an entire line of Jennings models are known as the Dutch Boy(s).

Re: My original Jennings "Mints of Quality" or whatever it's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2026 8:48 pm
by shortrackskater
Thanks for the information. :)

Now I have to find that vendor. :D

Re: My original Jennings "Mints of Quality"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:00 pm
by shortrackskater
FOUND THE SIDE VENDOR. These things aren't cheap but I don't know if I'll ever find one again. It's complete far as I can see and on the way to my house.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/278428952978