Need information concerning a Games of Nevada machine

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Need information concerning a Games of Nevada machine

Postby georgetwo922 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:13 am

I have a 1976 Games of Nevada IKE dollar slot machine that I hope someone can supply a little info on. The machine works fine, but I have a question about the conveyor system that delivers the coins to the hopper. This is a rare machine, and manuals or information about it is hard to find. When the dollar coins are inserted, they move along an escalator until the end coin slips over a switch and onto the conveyor belt in the upper hopper area. Traveling from the coin entry to the belt, the switch that the coin goes over starts the motor running for the conveyor, however, the belt drums don't turn unless I manually move the belt for a short distance, then the belt will continue to move for a duration. I am assuming that the belt is weight sensitive and I only have 100 dollar tokens in the machine so there may not be enough weight on the belt to activate the drums to turn. Hopefully someone out there may know a little about this system and can give me some info on how this unit is supposed to operate.
georgetwo922

Re: Need information concerning a Games of Nevada machine

Postby ClentMichaelCurry » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:01 pm

You may wish to contact Nevada State Museum and tell her of your interest in reviewing any manuals they may hold relating to the Games of Nevada gaming machines.
ClentMichaelCurry

Return to Slots