Mills/Pace Jackpot

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills/Pace Jackpot

Postby capt7310 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:32 pm

Looking for some help with this jackpot.Just picked up this Mills/Pace Poinsettia and when I load the jackpot and insert the reel bundle all good. However if I remove the reel bundle it dumps the jackpot. I'm not sure if that is the way it's set up or if the lever is bent or not correct. If I set the reels to jackpot it dumps and resets with the next coin. But anytime I remove the reel bundle it opens the jackpot. I can't seem to figure how this is working.
Attachments
IMG_9418.JPG
IMG_9416.JPG
IMG_9415.JPG
IMG_9413.JPG
capt7310

Re: Mills/Pace Jackpot

Postby gsx11r » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:22 am

Hello
Do you can post more photo ??
It s for be for be sure.
Front casting
Front mech
Good photos of the left and right side of the jackpot. Better if you can remove the front casting for make the photos of the casting.
Your machine is this one ???
1.jpg

Thank you .
Stephane
gsx11r

Postby capt7310 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 am

Hello Stephane, looks like we have the same machine.Can you give me a picture of your jackpot or look to see if mine is correct or not correct. Thank you for your replay. Regards Paul
Attachments
IMG_9445.JPG
IMG_9444.JPG
IMG_9442.JPG
IMG_9441 (1).JPG
capt7310

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:42 am

Hello Paul.
Sorry , photos coming from my database , not my slot .
And I have not the photos of the jackpot, only the mch and front casting.

It s why I need more photo from yours, for try to find why you have this problem and help you to fixe it.
Stephane
gsx11r

Postby RameGoom » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:44 am

Here is the jp on my Poinsettia. Looks a bit different though...must be the Mills equivalent. Hope it helps.

jackpot_mech.jpg

poinsettia-jackpot.jpg
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby capt7310 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:16 am

Yes yours is a Mills Jackpot and mine is a Pace Jackpot similar but the trip levers are different. Thank you Stephane for replying back. Regards Paul
capt7310

Postby MONTI » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:02 am

captain!
Have you tried removing the upper casting and when the mech is installed watching from above the interaction between the mech and the front jackpot trip lever?
Hard to tell from your photo but if the trip lever is slightly out of its correct angle that could cause your problem!
Also, some times but not often the mech either is sitting too far forward or too far back in the cabinet for correct interaction between the mech and front jackpot trip lever & could be an issue, the base plates are usually adjustable somewhat forward and backward on most slot machines!
Or with the mech out try tripping & resetting the front jackpot to see if it is holding properly in the resting closed position!
Probably a very simple issue to correct and remember with the mechanics of a slot machine for every action there is a reaction and if miss alignment occurs it could cause your problem!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby capt7310 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am

Hi Monti, I've watch when I put the reel mech bundle back in it looks to me that the trip lever is coming in contact with the coin tube and actually tripping it but only when I remove the reel mech bundle the jackpot dumps out. Again another strange thing I can refill the jackpot and put the mech back in and the jackpot will hold until I remove it again. When I stop the clock and put the symbols to bar the jackpot opens and dumps out and when I put another coin in the jackpot closes as it should, very confusing because it works fine. Only if I remove the mech the jackpot opens. Paul
capt7310

Postby MONTI » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Captain!
Having trouble following your statement that "when I put the reel mech bundle back in it looks to me that the trip lever is coming in contact with the coin tube and actually tripping it", do you mean it trips and dumps when you insert the mech or does it not dump on insertion because you also mention that "Only if I remove the mech the jackpot opens" which tells me that it only happens when the mech is removed!
As well you mention that "Again another strange thing I can refill the jackpot and put the mech back in and the jackpot will hold until I remove it again."
Which contradicts the first quoted statement above!
Kind of hard to diagnose your actual problem by discussing it here and without hands on as I am limited in giving you instructions so possibly a direct phone conversation would be better, tomorrow when I'm in the shop!

MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby capt7310 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi Monti, Sorry my mind goes faster than the words come out. let me try this again.
The jackpot is holding the coins. When I insert the mech back into the case I can see that the trip lever ( the 2 pics with the bend in the lever) for the jackpot is hitting the coin tube.
If I now pull the mech back out of the case the jackpot opens and dumps the coins.
I think your right that I may have to slide the base plate back a hair so that the trip lever doesn't touch the coin tube., I can't see how trying to reconfigure the lever is going to help.
Hope this made better sense...
capt7310

Next

Return to Slots