MILLS COMPULSORY SKILL INFO NEEDED

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: MILLS COMPULSORY SKILL INFO NEEDED

Postby oldpinguy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:08 am

Laurence,

Excellent, Thank you very much. Actually, this is very helpful. Now I see how that relay is supposed to work. What is missing on my machine is Part 3842 in photo 3 and its connection to the relay. Even though you can't see it very clearly, it gives a general idea of what that part is supposed to do, and where it attaches. I will experiment and make a part. Ill let you know how it works out.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Stan
oldpinguy

Postby Lol » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:17 am

Stan glad that you have found the part that you were looking for. At the risk of boring everyone else i have scanned another page of that side of the mechanism. The images are not very clear in the book so sorry about that.
Laurence
Attachments
Square Bell page 5.PDF
(969.96 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Lol

Postby mazzeosa17 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:28 pm

Also in Dick Bueschel's Mills Consoles book, are the attached 4 pages under the Jumbo Parade that discuss the Skill Feature, not just the pages under the Square Bell. Hope this is helpful.
Attachments
IMG_6395.JPG
IMG_6394.JPG
IMG_6393.JPG
IMG_6392.JPG
mazzeosa17

Postby oldpinguy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks very much for these pages. They really help to confirm how this is supposed to work. Unfortunately, haven't yet been able to see a clear picture of that PT-3842, that holds back the timing lever preventing payout. Originally looked to me like it might be shaped like a big flat Arrow hanging downward, and pivoting on the shoulder screw, with the relay's arm sitting between the arrow's fins and the arrow head stopping the timing lever, until the relay pulls it away. I fabricated one like that, and it did stop the timing lever, but only after the timing lever passed the point where the payout slides are activated, actually about where the timing lever finally stops on its own anyway. To hold back payout, the timing lever has to be stopped about an inch before that. Other question is how the timing lever goes past PT-3842 on its outbound trip? So, is there some beveled extension on the arrow that lets the timing lever pass on the way out and stop it an inch out on the return ?

Attached is a drawing of what I've tried so far and what I still have to figure out.

Anyone have a suggestion (or a good picture of the actual PT3842) :?

Thanks,
Stan
Attachments
PT 3842.jpg
PROGRESS SO FAR - STILL GUESSING

PROGRESS SO FAR -STILL GUESSING ;)
oldpinguy

Postby oldpinguy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:43 pm

UPDATE:

Don’t know why I didn’t figure this out sooner but the timing lever PT 3822 CSP is not supposed to be notched out, like someone modified it, in my last diagram. Normal lever end is shown in the attached photo. You can see how the swinging arrow stop bar PT 3842 could work to stop the timing lever farther out before the slides are unlocked, until the “skill shot” solenoid momentarily pulls it away. Then, by coming back to rest on the wide end of the timing bar, it will not interfere with the lever on the outbound trip. Simple ! By creating the notch, whoever did this bypassed the stop bar entirely and it had no effect on delaying the slides. Why they did that, rather than just removing the swinging arrow stop bar, which is held on by only shoulder screw, is mystery. However, they apparently eventually did that as well and disposed of it. The one I made will definitely work. I just need a replacement timing lever ( still waiting for Dave Berten to answer my emails. I mean, what else does he have to do while self quarantining for Covid :? ) or I need to weld a piece onto the end of the one in the machine. But, I’m not a welder :cry:

Anyone have a spare Mills 3822 CSP timing bar for sale ?

Thanks

Stan
Attachments
3254E167-8718-4077-B08F-06B8110A02E7.jpeg
Normal timing bar end.
oldpinguy

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:02 am

Stan
Here is a picture of what you need. I am happy to have a duplicate of mine made and sent to you if that will help??
Attachments
4151f6c0-c05a-41e3-ab98-d83f783a6520.jpg
solenoid has pulled in to allow the timing bar to back stop and make payout!
f538b5ce-8682-46a8-a7d9-85efc2c7fbd6.jpg
at this point the solenoid has not pulled in preventing payout
clubconsoles

Postby oldpinguy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Thank you Nigel,
Now I realize why the payout lever was notched. Not sure I would have figured that out eventually, but what I fabricated works with a new, un-notched, payout lever installed. Still, if you could send me a tracing of that lever that is activated by the solenoid, I might make a copy and put the notched payout lever back in to make everything more original.

Thanks
Stan
oldpinguy

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Hi Stan.
So you asking me to take off the lever and draw round it so you have a actual size blueprint, sure i can do that?
clubconsoles

Previous

Return to Slots